Penn State Dickinson School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
melbel08

New

Re: Penn State Dickinson School of Law 2011

Post by melbel08 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:06 am

aw, thanks arich! as do you!!! :)

Herbellis

New

Post by Herbellis » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey,
I just got an email today. I'm in! I don't know for sure yet, but I love the school, and I'm thinking the schools upward movement is going to continue. Woohoo!

Scruffybean718

New

Post by Scruffybean718 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:43 am

Did you get into the University Park or Carlisle campus?

Herbellis

New

Post by Herbellis » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm in at the University Park campus. I emailed a student at the Carlisle campus and she really likes it. Can you change after acceptance? I've gotta find out.

Leagon91

New

Post by Leagon91 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Good luck to all of you! Class of 2010 here (Carlisle Campus)

If you need anything, outlines and what not let me know.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

candlelight01

New

Post by candlelight01 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Hey guys help me out. Which one is ranked # 7, up or carlisle?

Scruffybean718

New

Post by Scruffybean718 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:23 pm

University of Pennsylvania is NOT Penn State University!

The #7 ranked school is U. Penn located in Philadelphia, which has absolutely no connection to Dickinson or Penn State University, they are 2 completely separate entities!

legd

New

Post by legd » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Anyone attending UP? How are you finding housing? I haven't sent in my deposit yet b/c I got an extension but I am 99% sure I am attending. Went to the dinner and the admitted students day and was very impressed. The new building seems like it is going to be pretty great.

Scruffybean718

New

Post by Scruffybean718 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:48 pm

legd wrote:Anyone attending UP? How are you finding housing? I haven't sent in my deposit yet b/c I got an extension but I am 99% sure I am attending. Went to the dinner and the admitted students day and was very impressed. The new building seems like it is going to be pretty great.
I'm not sure I'm attending yet (still on the wait-list) but if I DO get in I'm going to go up and probably get a Realtor to show me around...I've been looking on Craiglist though, and there seems to be a lot of good listings (with photos, contact info, etc)...if you have friends that go there already they are a GREAT resource...I can ask any of my friends that currently attend PSU for advice on how they find housing - there may be a website they have access to I can share with you...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

legd

New

Post by legd » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:02 am

If you find out any information that would be great if you could let me know! I am moving from Florida so I can't go up there again. I am thinking about just living in the dorms because it is easy. The downside is having 4 roommates, a tiny room/living space, and paying $655 when rent in State College seems to be a lot cheaper for a lot more space. There are a lot of apts there that do roommate matching but I don't want to live with undergrads. Without going up and looking it all kinda seems to be a pain in the ass :). I have been looking at Craig's List so hopefully I can find something that way. Good luck with your trip, let me know what you find!

arich24

New

Post by arich24 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:40 am

If you find out any information that would be great if you could let me know! I am moving from Florida so I can't go up there again. I am thinking about just living in the dorms because it is easy. The downside is having 4 roommates, a tiny room/living space, and paying $655 when rent in State College seems to be a lot cheaper for a lot more space. There are a lot of apts there that do roommate matching but I don't want to live with undergrads. Without going up and looking it all kinda seems to be a pain in the ass
Hey, I too am having to apartment hunt from far away (Louisiana), and I too won't be able to make it up there to check them out. I'm at the Carlisle campus, but I assume it's similar as far as leasing etc. I've been emailing and calling...having people send me pictures (everyone has been really helpful as far as letting me do everything through the net and on the phone). I really wouldn't settle for a dorm if you can fine a bigger place cheaper...ask for pictures, I've been emailed many! Good luck! Sorry I'm rambling...

Scruffybean718

New

Post by Scruffybean718 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 pm

legd wrote:If you find out any information that would be great if you could let me know! I am moving from Florida so I can't go up there again. I am thinking about just living in the dorms because it is easy. The downside is having 4 roommates, a tiny room/living space, and paying $655 when rent in State College seems to be a lot cheaper for a lot more space. There are a lot of apts there that do roommate matching but I don't want to live with undergrads. Without going up and looking it all kinda seems to be a pain in the ass :). I have been looking at Craig's List so hopefully I can find something that way. Good luck with your trip, let me know what you find!

Alright ladies and gents, here we go:

My sources at University Park tell me to go here: --LinkRemoved--
The website is apparently not supported by the university, but several PSU students who are friends of mine use this website to find apartments in state college...

THERE IS ALSO HOUSING LISTED FOR HARRISBURG, for Carlisle students!

You can follow the link to State College here: --LinkRemoved--

They work with Realtors in the area...I've also heard that several places have already accepted leases for the 2008-2009 school year, which means you may have to sublet...

Any questions PLEASE ASK ME, I have a ton of friends up there who I can reference for any of your housing needs...

Scruffybean718

New

Post by Scruffybean718 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:47 pm

One more thing...from what I hear, the graduate housing at University Park (check out the White Course Apartments) are very, very nice...

--LinkRemoved--

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

melbel08

New

Post by melbel08 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 pm

anyone who's gonna be attending carlisle want a roommate? i'm nice and don't smoke and keep things clean/neat, etc. umm... and i can bake!

fourklub

New

Post by fourklub » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:22 am

Waitlisted yesterday, does anyone know when they will begin to take ppl off of the waitlist if they are saying their class if filled?

melbel08

New

Post by melbel08 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:40 pm

you should ask about their PT program and if there are any spots.... but typically, probably june. i'm just guessing....

melbel08

New

Post by melbel08 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:41 pm

Scruffybean718 wrote:
legd wrote:If you find out any information that would be great if you could let me know! I am moving from Florida so I can't go up there again. I am thinking about just living in the dorms because it is easy. The downside is having 4 roommates, a tiny room/living space, and paying $655 when rent in State College seems to be a lot cheaper for a lot more space. There are a lot of apts there that do roommate matching but I don't want to live with undergrads. Without going up and looking it all kinda seems to be a pain in the ass :). I have been looking at Craig's List so hopefully I can find something that way. Good luck with your trip, let me know what you find!

Alright ladies and gents, here we go:

My sources at University Park tell me to go here: --LinkRemoved--
The website is apparently not supported by the university, but several PSU students who are friends of mine use this website to find apartments in state college...

THERE IS ALSO HOUSING LISTED FOR HARRISBURG, for Carlisle students!

You can follow the link to State College here: --LinkRemoved--

They work with Realtors in the area...I've also heard that several places have already accepted leases for the 2008-2009 school year, which means you may have to sublet...

Any questions PLEASE ASK ME, I have a ton of friends up there who I can reference for any of your housing needs...

any of your friends want a roommate/subletter for june-july at least??? 8)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Herbellis

New

Post by Herbellis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:21 pm

So, I think I'm going to do the summer start program in Carlisle, and then try to move into the state park campus full time. How hard would it be to sublet for just July? I'm in California and probably won't be able to make it out. Thanks.

melbel08

New

Post by melbel08 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:13 pm

yay summer program! i'll be seeing you there 8)

fourklub

New

Post by fourklub » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:24 pm

I have thought about doing PT program but, the only problem with part time is you can only recieve loans, no scholarships, or need based aid, and I don't know if I just want to take out 45k/year in loans. I know you can try and transfer to full time as well, but I don't know how reasonable it is.

melbel08

New

Post by melbel08 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:32 pm

i've heard that it is quite the reasonable process to transfer in though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:34 pm

melbel08 wrote:i've heard that it is quite the reasonable process to transfer in though.
Do you know how they feel about students visiting for birthdays who don't attend the school?

melbel08

New

Post by melbel08 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:39 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:
melbel08 wrote:i've heard that it is quite the reasonable process to transfer in though.
Do you know how they feel about students visiting for birthdays who don't attend the school?
Hmm, I'll have to look into that. I'm sure if there are presents and cake involved, it'll be alright.

Herbellis

New

Post by Herbellis » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:55 am

Whats the best way to go about finding housing in Carlisle? I'm in CA, and I know I won't be able to get out there. I have no clue. anyone coming from CA by the way?

melbel08

New

Post by melbel08 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 am

Herbellis wrote:Whats the best way to go about finding housing in Carlisle? I'm in CA, and I know I won't be able to get out there. I have no clue. anyone coming from CA by the way?
there are a bunch of housing links on the actual school's webpage. i've been scoping those out.....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”