TEMPLE LAW CLASS OF 2011!!! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
cvs114

New

TEMPLE LAW CLASS OF 2011!!!

Post by cvs114 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 pm

After visiting law schools across the entire east coast, factoring in the low tuition and everything else I loved about Temple Law School I decided on Temple Law!!

Join my FB group, feel free to message me, email me with any questions regarding the Philly area!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 149&ref=mf

sandlot247

New

Re: TEMPLE LAW CLASS OF 2011!!!

Post by sandlot247 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:31 am

Just sent in my deposit to Temple!

roleary

New

Post by roleary » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 pm

still flipping coins between temple and rutgers C.... :roll:

SouVitor

New

Post by SouVitor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:53 pm

I'm not sure yet that i would go to Temple Law School but it is quite likely as of now.

To those admitted, why are you going to Temple Law School? What did you like about it?

jaxsurf

New

Post by jaxsurf » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:56 pm

congrats on your decision cvs!!!! its a hard one to make, im still deciding, but maybe i will see you there as part of the temple law school class of '11 !

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cvs114

New

Post by cvs114 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:44 pm

I'm posting a post that I posted in a different thread as to why I chose Temple law school--

I was stuck between really Temple, Fordham, Nova, Drexel & American. I've decided on Temple so my vote goes to Temple, here is why... my thought process is as follows: I live in Philly and although I was really up for attending law school everywhere I have truly grown to love Philadelphia, downtown is gorgeous and my bf is a commercial real estate broker and they are really in the process of revamping the city and making it a lot better, more stores, even a new building bigger than Comcast is in the works. I think what that means for Philly is that is a growing market which is something that is good for Temple Law students.

Second, I visited Temple two weeks ago, GORGEOUS. The buildings were nice the people were even nicer and I truly felt very comfortable at the law school. On that note, I was very disappointed with Fordham and Americans law school facilities.

My last thought, thank-you Fly, is considering the school in regard to the area. Temple really run's Philadelphia. Upenn is the only better school and their grads tend to go elsewhere to practice. Fordham on the other hand has competition with all the ivy leaguers moving to NYC as well as NYU and Colombia which both rank better. American, like Fordham has competition that even though according to the US ranking rates better than temple, not necessarily in their area. American has the competition of G-town, GW and GMason. That was how I came to my conclusion- I'm ranting... TEMPLE LAW!!!!

OH oh oh PLUS in-state it is soooooooooooooo cheap (comparatively speaking)

Player30

New

Post by Player30 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:28 am

I got into Temple P/T, then decided to appeal for F/T (worried about safety P/T). So I probably won't get to go, but it is a great and affordable option for Philly. Remember tomorrow at 12:30 they play Michigan State in the first round...

CVS, I'm hoping you look typical for a Temple Law School chick.;)

Ken

Bronze

Post by Ken » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:33 am

Temple law school has an amazing trial advocacy program so it is an excellent law school for those who anticipate being interested in litigation. The excellence of Temple Law School is discussed in greater detail in the profile:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/temple-law-school.html

Pyke

Bronze

Post by Pyke » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:19 pm

Ken wrote:Temple law school has an amazing trial advocacy program so it is an excellent law school for those who anticipate being interested in litigation. The excellence of Temple Law School is discussed in greater detail in the profile:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/temple-law-school.html

Conceded on edit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SouVitor

New

Post by SouVitor » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:30 pm

cvs114 wrote:I'm posting a post that I posted in a different thread as to why I chose Temple law school--

I was stuck between really Temple, Fordham, Nova, Drexel & American. I've decided on Temple so my vote goes to Temple, here is why... my thought process is as follows: I live in Philly and although I was really up for attending law school everywhere I have truly grown to love Philadelphia, downtown is gorgeous and my bf is a commercial real estate broker and they are really in the process of revamping the city and making it a lot better, more stores, even a new building bigger than Comcast is in the works. I think what that means for Philly is that is a growing market which is something that is good for Temple Law students.

Second, I visited Temple two weeks ago, GORGEOUS. The buildings were nice the people were even nicer and I truly felt very comfortable at the law school. On that note, I was very disappointed with Fordham and Americans law school facilities.

My last thought, thank-you Fly, is considering the school in regard to the area. Temple really run's Philadelphia. Upenn is the only better school and their grads tend to go elsewhere to practice. Fordham on the other hand has competition with all the ivy leaguers moving to NYC as well as NYU and Colombia which both rank better. American, like Fordham has competition that even though according to the US ranking rates better than temple, not necessarily in their area. American has the competition of G-town, GW and GMason. That was how I came to my conclusion- I'm ranting... TEMPLE LAW!!!!

OH oh oh PLUS in-state it is soooooooooooooo cheap (comparatively speaking)
THanks cvs. The strength of Temple in its market is, in my mind, one of the strongest facts for me choosing Temple over American and Northeastern, which are my other choices right now. The litigation and writing program are also very important for me, both of which are great at Temple. I would be more committed to Temple if I could visit Philly but there's a little thing called The Atlantic between home and Philly... or the rest of the states for that matter. I've lived in Chicago and Phoenix and for what I've learned, Philly and Chicago are somewhat similar. But I don't know much about the quality of life in Philly so I might be wrong about my perception of the city.

wgarton

New

Post by wgarton » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:56 am

I'm in! Can't wait. Any idea what you're doing for housing CVS?

cvs114

New

Post by cvs114 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 pm

hey, ya.. I live in Phily right now in a great apt in rittenhouse, if anyone is interested I told my landlord I'd post it on craigslist for him (it's a steal)... let me know before I post it next week. But because of how great the philadelphia market is and the fact that it's growing exponentially my parents decided to invest in a condo, so I'll be living there for the next 3 years. How about you?

in my eyes

New

Post by in my eyes » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:41 pm

95% sure I'll be there with you guys

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blahblahblahblah

New

Post by blahblahblahblah » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:48 pm

So I just got into Temple and will be going there. I'm a Philadelphia resident and live in Manayunk/Roxy currently. If anyone is moving into the area and would like to know more about a particular place, drop me a line.

Mandie

New

Post by Mandie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:41 am

Hi everyone! I am going to be starting Temple in the fall. :) I know that on FB a happy hour was just organized in Philly but I couldn't make it... if anyone wants to do a NYC happy hour let me know! :D

cheebahawk

New

Post by cheebahawk » Sat May 03, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm glad to see alot of my fellow TLSers will be joining me at Temple law!! I chose Temple for the same reason as most of you. I moved to the greater Philadelphia area about 10 years ago, and really consider Philly my home. Although Temple isnt ranked high nationally, in the greater Philadelphia area it has such a strong presence and as other posters noted barely any competition exists for Temple graduates, owing to the fact that Penn graduates tend to move out of the area.

Also the writing and trial advocacy program is top 3 in the country so there was no doubt in my mind.

BUT PROBABLY THE BIGGEST SELLING POINT FOR TEMPLE FOR ME IS THE TUITION!!!!! I cant mention that enough, so affordable!!!!! Plus a generous scholarship never hurt anyone 8)
My biggest fear is/was the fact that a law education will put me significantly in debt, and that was something I wanted to minimize as much as possible. I want to enjoy the benefits of a law salary upon graduation, not give it all back to lenders. :mrgreen:

I hope to see you all at orientation. Maybe we should all wear some sort of Sticker with TLS written all over it???

Just a thought!!!

OctaShieldz

New

Post by OctaShieldz » Sat May 10, 2008 9:00 am

I think I'll be going to Temple as well. I'm living in Manayunk right now and would definitely be down for some kind of Happy Hour/structured drinking event in which I can alienate myself from my future classmates before even officially matriculating.

I'm glad a lot of you have good reasons for choosing Temple. I'm definitely confident that it's the right choice for me (pending a late waitlist miracle). I think a lot of people on TLS forget that making this decision is ultimately a very personal thing. As long as you do your research, you're the one that has to make the final call. Maybe things have changed since I used to hang around this part of the interwebs and people have more perspective, but probably not.

Anyway, congrats everyone who's going to Temple. I'll join the facebook and hit me up on PM if you want to chew the fat about Temple, Philly, or my early plan to be Leonidas for Halloween.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wgarton

New

Post by wgarton » Thu May 15, 2008 12:25 pm

It's a bit early to be looking forward to it (though I'm at work so the mind does wander), but Halloween parties already sound fun.

I'm going to be living with one of my best friends who I've known since High School. He got a job at a financial firm in the city so we decided to look for a place together. We'll start looking seriously in the next couple of weeks.

This is also a bump for anyone who hasn't joined the facebook group yet. Get into it.

in my eyes

New

Post by in my eyes » Thu May 15, 2008 12:39 pm

I'll be in Philly looking at apts in the next 2 wks

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Thu May 15, 2008 5:34 pm

IME, wgarton, and Octa make an awesome trifecta of classmates.... how did you guys pull this off?! Try to stay sober for exams...

wgarton

New

Post by wgarton » Fri May 16, 2008 2:13 pm

Haha that may be a challenge.

in my eyes

New

Post by in my eyes » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:22 pm

so Octa and WGarton are real human beings... not just on the internets..

weird

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”