UC Hastings - 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
brizz9

Bronze

Re: UC Hastings - 2011

Post by brizz9 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:29 pm

Wayne Jarvis wrote:Fellow Hastings students REJOICE!!! for hastings has joined us in the new millennium with an updated website.
:D
brizz9 wrote:--ImageRemoved--
True, but Boalt doesn't hold a candle to the ugliness of UC Hastings across the Bay. The only thing more hideous than the buildings at Hastings is its website, where the above image is hosted. -Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:52 pm
Holy crap, they work fast! I think they should jump ten spots in USN&WR now.

metaomni

New

Post by metaomni » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:32 pm

Wayne Jarvis wrote:Fellow Hastings students REJOICE!!! for hastings has joined us in the new millennium with an updated website.
:D
Holy Smokes!

It was pretty sad and 1995 Geocities-esque.

kevsocko

New

Post by kevsocko » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:36 pm

wow new web site is nice. actually, it's pretty standard, but compared to the pre .com boom mess of yesterday it's a fine page.

Summer Saint

New

Post by Summer Saint » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Class schedules are up!

Kinda. I don't think they're finished, since I don't LW&R yet. Or my section number (at least, it's not explicitly stated anywhere that I've seen).

metaomni

New

Post by metaomni » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Summer Saint wrote:Class schedules are up!

Kinda. I don't think they're finished, since I don't LW&R yet. Or my section number (at least, it's not explicitly stated anywhere that I've seen).
Can't help with the LW&R -- I was assigned to one, so maybe they're still working on it?

As for the section, you can tell what you are depending on the number after the star (150*11 is section 1, 150*12 is section 2, 150*13 is section 3, etc.) Take a look at your core classes (Civil Pro, etc.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:30 pm

My schedule was up yesterday minus LWR, and by this morning it was added as well. So expect yours within the next day or so. Any idea when the book lists for the classes will be released?

Summer Saint

New

Post by Summer Saint » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Ah, I figured that's what "15" meant. So. I'm in section 5. Also known as the section for winners.

bruingrad

New

Post by bruingrad » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:37 pm

I'm in Section 2. Off to half.com to get a copy of the Buffalo Creek Disaster. Did you guys get that e-mail? I am in that section.

ChaDoRi

New

Post by ChaDoRi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:48 pm

bruingrad wrote:I'm in Section 2. Off to half.com to get a copy of the Buffalo Creek Disaster. Did you guys get that e-mail? I am in that section.
Haha...I just did the same thing 5 minutes ago! I was going to buy all my textbooks and study aids at the same time from half.com but I can't find what textbooks we need. Does this mean we'll either have to (1) pre-order the textbooks from the bookstore or (2) have to wait until the first day of class to find out what books we need? Seems shady...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:06 pm

I'm wondering if they're going to wait until after the last day of pre-ordering before they release the list. I wouldn't mind pre-ordering if the prices are comparable to getting the books new from amazon, but I'd like to find out for sure before shelling out the money in advance. Is anyone else thinking about doing the preorder? It seems like the convenience might be worth it.

bruingrad

New

Post by bruingrad » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Can we pre-order now? I got an e-mail about that as well, but I couldn't really tell if it was available now or if they were just telling us about it. I agree, if the prices are even somewhat comparable, it's definitely worth it to me for the convenience.

And this might be a really silly question, but what about used books? If you do the pre-order, are they all going to be new and full-price?

Summer Saint

New

Post by Summer Saint » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:54 pm

If you look at the firstclass assignments, they include at least the casebook needed for that particular class.

Unfortunately, there's only one assignment posted right now.

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:16 pm

You can pre-order now, but I think that you have to go through Follett online. The address they gave me is http://www.uchastings.edu.bkstr.com. I believe that the last day is next Monday.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

California Kid

New

Post by California Kid » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 pm

i'm going to be applying this fall and Hastings is one of my dream schools. I'm taking the LSAT for the first time this October and was wondering what score do you all think i need to get into Hastings? I've got a 3.48 gpa from a CSU. thanks!

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:36 pm

California Kid wrote:i'm going to be applying this fall and Hastings is one of my dream schools. I'm taking the LSAT for the first time this October and was wondering what score do you all think i need to get into Hastings? I've got a 3.48 gpa from a CSU. thanks!
Based on LSN, it looks like you'll want to shoot for at least a 162, but preferably higher (164+) to be sure. Good luck!

pachydermavenger

New

Post by pachydermavenger » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 pm

So the Hastings alumni association has invited me to go watch the rockies take on the dodgers at dodger stadium with all the hot dogs I can eat. I wonder if they are aware that there is a stadiuim right here in san francisco where a team called the giants play. If they are sending out all this dodger stuff, why not send some stuff out where the school is actually located? Since Hastings isn't affiliated with an undergraduate institution one would think that the Giants would be the natural choice of sports teams to root for. And sure, they should be able to do whatever they want... but does it have to be the dodgers? Really? You are inviting a whole crowd of people who live(d) in San Francisco to go watch their rivals? The only reason I would watch that game is to cheer for the rockies. Now I am about mad enough to actually watch that game. Go Colorado.
oh and btw, yeah, i'm in section three. anyone? section three?

prettypithy

New

Post by prettypithy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Edit: I am not in Section 1, I am in section 3.
Last edited by prettypithy on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pachydermavenger

New

Post by pachydermavenger » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:05 pm

i think the lrw lwr? sections are much smaller. I am in section three, and my LWR class ends in 1 as well. does that help?

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:10 pm

pachydermavenger wrote:So the Hastings alumni association has invited me to go watch the rockies take on the dodgers at dodger stadium with all the hot dogs I can eat. I wonder if they are aware that there is a stadiuim right here in san francisco where a team called the giants play. If they are sending out all this dodger stuff, why not send some stuff out where the school is actually located? Since Hastings isn't affiliated with an undergraduate institution one would think that the Giants would be the natural choice of sports teams to root for. And sure, they should be able to do whatever they want... but does it have to be the dodgers? Really? You are inviting a whole crowd of people who live(d) in San Francisco to go watch their rivals? The only reason I would watch that game is to cheer for the rockies. Now I am about mad enough to actually watch that game. Go Colorado.
oh and btw, yeah, i'm in section three. anyone? section three?
I thought that this was funny as well. I was wondering if they mistakenly thought I lived in southern California or something.

As for LWR, aren't those really small, like 15 people? I think I read that somewhere on the website.

prettypithy

New

Post by prettypithy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:13 pm

pachydermavenger wrote:i think the lrw lwr? sections are much smaller. I am in section three, and my LWR class ends in 1 as well. does that help?
Looks like we're section mates, Pachydermavenger. Nice to meet you!

pachydermavenger

New

Post by pachydermavenger » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:16 pm

nice to mee you too prettypithy! maybe we can throw shit at gunners. and make fun of them? that seems to be the cool thing to do in lecture. and hopefully we wont be the gunners, or that would be awkward. so yeah, the numbers on the LWR dont mean shit, its all about the civil procedure sections. (someone was asking aobut that, and its posted by someone else, i am just repearting, but im too lazy to go find where it was posted)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rrandyy

New

Post by rrandyy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:18 am

bruingrad wrote:I'm in Section 2. Off to half.com to get a copy of the Buffalo Creek Disaster. Did you guys get that e-mail? I am in that section.
Yeah, I'm in section 2 and got that e-mail as well... I'll probably pick it up at a local bookstore.

Anyone else make to SF yet? If you're interested in checking out the city, send me a PM!

bruingrad

New

Post by bruingrad » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Did anyone end up doing the pre-order for books? I didn't and now kind of regret it, because the list of books is still not available. Is it unusual that they haven't given us that yet, or am I jumping the gun?

BioLaw

Bronze

Post by BioLaw » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:13 pm

bruingrad wrote:Did anyone end up doing the pre-order for books? I didn't and now kind of regret it, because the list of books is still not available. Is it unusual that they haven't given us that yet, or am I jumping the gun?
I went ahead and signed up for the pre-order. I don't know if it's unusual to hold back the book list this long, but they definitely seem to be "encouraging" us to use the bookstore rather than a third party. Worked on me I guess. If you guys are curious, the total on the books was just over $500.

Calikat

New

Post by Calikat » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:55 pm

Booklists are up on-line.

http://www.uchastings.bkstr.com

I saved over $120 by waiting it out... $424 (new) v. $546 (new).

Now they just need to show-up via expedited shipping in time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”