Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Dadric

New

Re: Washington University in St. Louis Class of '11

Post by Dadric » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 am

I've missed large chunks of this thread, so maybe this has already been discussed, but I think the important question to consider here is:

How do we feel about a WUStL '11 fantasy football league?

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 am

that has not been brought up, but it was just created

Yahoo! Fantasy Sports
League ID: 159716
password: wustl

I put the max teams at 16, so get in quick, draft is the sat. before school starts, but obviously, that can be changed if necessary. Anyone interested in making it a little more interesting? (I was thinking somewhere between $10-$20?)

Also, once the league is full, we can discuss doing a live draft in person with a lot of delicious InBev beverages...again, something to discuss once we get a decent group in there, only join if you're actually going to take the 30min/week that needs to be put forward to have a fun league.

Dadric

New

Post by Dadric » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 am

Live draft ftw.

NDray

New

Post by NDray » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:34 pm

I'm in.

Finch

New

Post by Finch » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm in. Live draft is the whole point, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:55 am

I'm going to let the TLS'ers get first dibs at spots in the league and in a few days I'll put a post up on the facebook wall. I'll start sending emails once we get closer about meeting up somewhere with a few pizzas, a big ass draft board, and a keg for the draft. That's America. Fantasy football, pizza, and beer. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of obsessive about this shit. I'm making a big ass draft board. Laugh now. You won't be later.

Also, make sure your email is showing in the fantasy league (you have that option when you sign up) That'll be the easiest way for me to communicate with everyone.

twotonethegreat

New

Post by twotonethegreat » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 am

Nice, I'm in too.

Dadric

New

Post by Dadric » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:01 am

16 teams is going to be crazy, the talent will be spread pretty thin, but that's what makes it fun.

Also, I'm 1000% in favor of giant draft boards.

smc5784

Bronze

Post by smc5784 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:12 am

Hmm... this is really tempting to me. The live draft sounds awesome, but perhaps slightly intimidating for someone like me. Of the 3 major sports (that's right, soccer fans. Here in AMERICA, there are only 3 major sports!), I'm least knowledgable of the NFL. Of course, that didn't stop me from winning my league last year. But Tom Brady and Adrian Peterson may have had something to do with that.

I'm sure I'll join in on the fun. Just don't make fun of me if I'm using every bit of my time when it's my pick rummaging through the 400 pages of information I'll have, and the inevitability of my taking someone who's been picked already.

On second thought, feel more than free to make fun of me. It's a live draft, for goodness' sake.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:51 pm

SMC, I don't want to hear that kind of complaining out of your mouth ever again. At most, it'll be $20 (probably an extra $5 from everyone to chip on for pizza/beer) and the winners will get a decent chunk of money and it least it will give you something to do in the little free time you have. You call yourself a sports fan, I'm giving you the opportunity to bond with 15 other classmates before school starts. Don't make me angry. You won't like when I'm angry.

smc5784

Bronze

Post by smc5784 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:55 pm

hwmyones wrote:SMC, I don't want to hear that kind of complaining out of your mouth ever again. At most, it'll be $20 (probably an extra $5 from everyone to chip on for pizza/beer) and the winners will get a decent chunk of money and it least it will give you something to do in the little free time you have. You call yourself a sports fan, I'm giving you the opportunity to bond with 15 other classmates before school starts. Don't make me angry. You won't like when I'm angry.
Oh, the money isn't the problem. You should know that the chance to some gambling is part of what's drawing me into this. I'm just hesitant of letting my first impression on some of my classmates be one of ignorance (as that impression is sure to come sometime in the year, anyway). But, yeah, I'll get in on that.

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:45 pm

You're a Mississippi State fan SMC, everyone already thinks you're ignorant.

smc5784

Bronze

Post by smc5784 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 pm

hwmyones wrote:You're a Mississippi State fan SMC, everyone already thinks you're ignorant.
ignorant is not equal to perpetually disgusted.

And we weren't all blessed to have Miami and Chapel Hill serve as our homes growing up. When you're from MS, you have 2, possibly 3, college choices, and none of them are attractive.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:48 pm

There's nothing wrong with Ole Miss! Oxford is a grand 'ol time. And you can hang out with really cool guys like Dunbar from the Real World...and no one will judge your "ignorance" during a fantasy football draft. Because, the more ignorant you are regarding the players values, the happier the other owners will be to have you in the league. Also, we'll all have "plans" and "cheat sheets" no worries, just join, once we get to 16 we can start discussing concrete plans like $ and draft time/location

and hey, I earned my right to root for UNC. I left the state and paid the price to do so. And it was damn well worth it :-)

ABFsoCal

New

Post by ABFsoCal » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Hey guys, so after lurking on TLS for the cycle, my future roomate "NDray" got me back to this site on this thread, so i finally made an ccount. Anyway, I'm TrojanDomination in the fantasy leauge and I cant wait to do this in person live draft, sounds awesome. Anyway the fall should be a blasty blast, atleast at first. Orientation week=bender week?

Tom32286

New

Post by Tom32286 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Hey, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to meeting you all in August. Im def. in for fantasy football. Are there any college football fans planning on going to Missouri vs Illinois on Aug 30th? I'm a UofI alum so I plan on going, but im looking for people to go with. Let me know if you're interested. It should be a great game.

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:38 pm

At least we know who we're going to have to carry home every night from aug 18-25 haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:52 pm

We're halfway full with the Fantasy League. Any other regular TLS'ers want to join, I'd do it in the next day or so, because then I'm going to put the post on facebook and I"m sure we'll have all 16 pretty quickly. Also, facebook message me the date you'll be in STL so I can start marking down everyone's free time and plan the day we'll draft.
Last edited by hwmyones on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

uclastarshield

New

Post by uclastarshield » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Sadly, I'm not knowledgeable about the NFL either. Plus, don't think I'll have time fall semester.

Finch

New

Post by Finch » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:27 pm

Tom32286 wrote:Hey, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to meeting you all in August. Im def. in for fantasy football. Are there any college football fans planning on going to Missouri vs Illinois on Aug 30th? I'm a UofI alum so I plan on going, but im looking for people to go with. Let me know if you're interested. It should be a great game.
Hey Tom! Count me in for the game. I have no idea where to buy tickets or how the seating works at midwest college games. Find me on facebook....your hint is Finch.

hwmyones

Bronze

Post by hwmyones » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Tom32286 wrote:Hey, I'm new here and I'm looking forward to meeting you all in August. Im def. in for fantasy football. Are there any college football fans planning on going to Missouri vs Illinois on Aug 30th? I'm a UofI alum so I plan on going, but im looking for people to go with. Let me know if you're interested. It should be a great game.
I'm going to try to limit my first semester traveling, the only times i'm going away are fall break and a weekend to chapel hill for homecoming...plus, I really don't have an allegiance to either school

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dadric

New

Post by Dadric » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:04 am

I'm going to St. Louis this week to check out apartments and try to find a place to live. I was wondering if anyone who already knows where you will be living would mind PMing me the apartment complexes you are going to be in. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to apartment searches, and it would be nice just to have a few places to go off of to get an idea where to start.

Also, I hope that at least some of you like to play Rock Band...

evex101

New

Post by evex101 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Last edited by evex101 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NDray

New

Post by NDray » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Sadly, I'm not knowledgeable about the NFL either. Plus, don't think I'll have time fall semester.
I can understand if you don't want to do fantasy football because of a lack of knowledge or interest, but time shouldn't be an issue. You can get by spending 45min/week or less on your team.

smc5784

Bronze

Post by smc5784 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:57 pm

NDray wrote:
I can understand if you don't want to do fantasy football because of a lack of knowledge or interest, but time shouldn't be an issue. You can get by spending 45min/week or less on your team.
Yeah, after the draft, fantasy football really doesn't have to take up very much time at all.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”