Thank you email for scholarship negotiation? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
violintwin

New

Thank you email for scholarship negotiation?

Post by violintwin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Basically what it says in the title. I was admitted to William & Mary on a scholarship, leveraged a couple other schools, and they offered to increase it. I am fairly certain I will attend, but I am using the rest of the month to weigh my options. My question is: is it appropriate to write a thank you email? I feel compelled to do so, but was unsure of the etiquette involved. I've seen a few others mention thanking the school and offering a tentative decision date, but I wasn't sure if this was standard. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

QContinuum

Re: Thank you email for scholarship negotiation?

Post by QContinuum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Yes, by all means write a thank-you email. It's only polite. Don't just go "radio silent" in response to an offer of an increased scholly.

As in most other contexts, just do what you would normally do. Law school admissions officers are people too, just like you and me!

Congrats on the increased scholarship and best of luck making your final decision (and feel free to consult TLS if you like).

Return to “Financial Aid”