Stipend Question Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Eggs

New

Stipend Question

Post by Eggs » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:12 am

For schools that offer stipends, are these usually for the full cost of attendance, or is there a set amount like 10K? I'm curious about Nebraska because of their 509 saying 40% got over full tuition, by the way. However, info on any schools is welcomed.

Also, most 509's show that at least some students get more than full tuition. I assume not every school is offering stipends right? Does this just mean people receiving full tuition scholarships are also getting some need based aid?

nixy

Gold

Re: Stipend Question

Post by nixy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:48 am

Depending on the school, they might be doing a joint degree where the other degree provides a stipend. I also don’t know whether something like yellow ribbon money shows up in the 509s. My impression though is that when the report says “more than full tuition,” that money doesn’t necessarily all come from the law school.

Usually the stipends I’ve seen offered are a set amount, rather than “as needed” to cover your expenses.

Return to “Financial Aid”