Really lost about financial aid Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
a88888888

New

Really lost about financial aid

Post by a88888888 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the process is for doing the FAFSA? Is there a due date? I only applied for the t-14 schools and i have no idea what I need to do for financial aid. I just submitted my applications a few weeks ago.

aliciacflorrick

New

Re: Really lost about financial aid

Post by aliciacflorrick » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:31 pm

You can always amend/add to the FAFSA with new schools. The deadline is at the end of June, so submitting it at around this time shouldn't be a problem. However, schools will be able to interpret your level of need and let you know how much you can/should borrow the sooner you complete it. Some of the schools I applied to noted that this upcoming week they will be notifying students who have completed the FAFSA of the loan amounts offered for the upcoming year.

From there, it's simply like undergrad. You go through entrance counseling before accepting the "awards." Most schools provide merit-based aid and scholarships are generally separate from need-based info FAFSA decides for you.

Return to “Financial Aid”