Taking February LSAT for scholarship boost? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Oneanddone?

New

Taking February LSAT for scholarship boost?

Post by Oneanddone? » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Would you recommend? Prepping for the December test was an anxiety-filled nightmare that I desperately don’t want to repeat. I have a very high GPA (>75th everywhere) and an LSAT that will make me competitive for admission throughout the T20 but is generally in the middle 50 or 25-50 range of my T16 target schools.

I am considering registering for the Feb LSAT, but am not sure if I will have time to study and don’t want to put my apps on hold. Yet - would it be worth registering just in hopes of gaining a bargaining chip in the scholarship market?

Oneanddone?

New

Re: Taking February LSAT for scholarship boost?

Post by Oneanddone? » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 am

<<bump>> 8)

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:09 pm

I don't have a definitive answer but given what I've seen about this cycle you may already be late for significant scholarship money. Waiting until you receive your February score may hurt you further.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:10 pm

I don't see a reason not to. I'm doing the same thing as you (my 4th take :cry: lol). I figured I might as well take one last crack at it and see what happens.

Oneanddone?

New

Post by Oneanddone? » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:05 pm

coskigirl wrote:I don't have a definitive answer but given what I've seen about this cycle you may already be late for significant scholarship money. Waiting until you receive your February score may hurt you further.
blackmamba8 wrote:I don't see a reason not to. I'm doing the same thing as you (my 4th take :cry: lol). I figured I might as well take one last crack at it and see what happens.
Thank you! I really, really appreciate the advice! It helped me out with my decision. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”