Living Stipend, Indiana Bloomington Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ryan1000

New

Living Stipend, Indiana Bloomington

Post by ryan1000 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:15 am

Greetings lovely people of TLS. Long time lurker, first time poster. I've heard talk of a full ride + living stipend from IU Bloomington Maurer. I'm really hoping to go to IU as I like the area, it's not too far from family, like the course/clinic/externship offerings etc. I'm also very concerned with minimizing my debt (novel idea, I know). I'm unable to track down a solid answer as to whether or not this scholly still exists, and if so, what the stats are like of the folks that receive it. So, my question is as follows: Does anyone have more information, via personal experience or otherwise, regarding a full ride + living stipend from IU Bloomington? Have you or someone you know been able to bag this evasive, mythical dragon of a scholly and if so, how'd you do it, when did you receive it, and what are your/their stats? Thanks for your time.

Best,

Ryan

cavalier1138

Re: Living Stipend, Indiana Bloomington

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:42 am

General rule of thumb is to be well over both 75ths and probably have a competitive scholarship offer for negotiation. Other than that, I doubt anyone can give specific advice for getting the extra stipend.

MichiganHoosier

New

Post by MichiganHoosier » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 am

I know that there is the Wells scholarship which is full tuition and a living stipend, but that refers to undergraduates who choose to do the 3+3 undergrad/JD program. Whether something like that exists strictly for JD applicants, I do not know. Regardless, that would explain how you could have heard of it.

fallingup77

New

Post by fallingup77 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:09 am

It's a little dated, but I received the full scholly plus living stipend back in 2014. Had a 163 3.86. I also had a couple of full scholarships from SMU and UIUC to negotiate with.

ryan1000

New

Post by ryan1000 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 am

Thanks a lot for the input everyone. Fallingup, I've sent you a PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”