. Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:03 am

Last edited by Veil of Ignorance on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Defer Scholarship to T14?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:14 am

I've never heard of this happening. Every school (that I'm aware of) has a clause in their deferral agreement that says scholarships are recalculated for the new cycle.

SpikeSeagull

New

Post by SpikeSeagull » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 am

Yes, I deferred my Butler scholarship, and UChicago was going to let me defer a similar amount. Not so for NYU--they said they'd recalculate after readmission.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:38 pm

some schools may let you, as the above poster mentions they were allowed to, but I would not count on the fact that one person was allowed to at, say, Chicago, mean you will also be allowed to at Chicago. Likely a case-by-case situation.

Just speculating here, but I can see the fact that you don't anticipate finishing whatever program you are in in time to start the following cycle being a sticking point for some schools. I mean, if you get invited to interview at Columbia they may be like, oh you just started this MA program, is that a one year program? you'll either lie or say, no, I won't graduate for 2 years, in which case they'll be like...why are you applying for this cycle then? I would assume this will negatively impact your cycle. I invite others to comment on this as well, though. (wouldn't you want to put in your resume when you expect to obtain the MA, thus informing all schools?)

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze

Post by Veil of Ignorance » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:50 pm

SpikeSeagull wrote:Yes, I deferred my Butler scholarship, and UChicago was going to let me defer a similar amount. Not so for NYU--they said they'd recalculate after readmission.
This is encouraging, thanks :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”