How do I get loan money? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Ferrisjso

Gold

How do I get loan money?

Post by Ferrisjso » Sat May 20, 2017 6:18 am

Just got apartment for LS and am going to need loan money to pay the rent in the fall. I have no idea how I'm supposed to receive my loan money. I know it's probably a stupid question that will be answered when I go to school but I'd like a little piece of mind because I already signed the lease.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: How do I get loan money?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat May 20, 2017 7:46 am

You will get sent information about how to arrange all this from your school (you get sent the loan amounts you're eligible for and you accept up to the total amount), and it will get deposited in yout bank account usually the week before or the first week of classes.

uhwrestler

Bronze

Post by uhwrestler » Sat May 20, 2017 8:19 am

apply for fafsa and have it sent to the school you are attending
then the school you are attending will give you the loan offer
Last edited by uhwrestler on Sun May 21, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 am

Thanks!

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 pm

How did you get a lease signed without the loan papers to show the landlord?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jlc058

Bronze

Post by jlc058 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:06 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:You will get sent information about how to arrange all this from your school (you get sent the loan amounts you're eligible for and you accept up to the total amount), and it will get deposited in yout bank account usually the week before or the first week of classes.
This may also be a stupid question but how do you pay tuition by the deadline if you don't get your loans disbursed until a week before/or week of first classes- I'm assuming most people don't have 50k laying around

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Mon May 22, 2017 4:39 pm

jlc058 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:You will get sent information about how to arrange all this from your school (you get sent the loan amounts you're eligible for and you accept up to the total amount), and it will get deposited in yout bank account usually the week before or the first week of classes.
This may also be a stupid question but how do you pay tuition by the deadline if you don't get your loans disbursed until a week before/or week of first classes- I'm assuming most people don't have 50k laying around
Tuition isn't due till then. Basically it goes into your school account and they take out tuition and then what's left goes into your bank account.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”