Are you eligilble for loans and scholarships if my bachelor' s degree is non-US? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
yeah

New

Are you eligilble for loans and scholarships if my bachelor' s degree is non-US?

Post by yeah » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:23 pm

heythatslife

Silver

Re: Are you eligilble for loans and scholarships if my bachelor' s degree is non-US?

Post by heythatslife » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 pm

yeah wrote:..........................................
You should be in the running for most merit scholarships as long as your LSAT/GPA meets the criteria.

As for loans, if you're not a US citizen or a permanent resident and you have no one to cosign your loans, you may face some difficulty in getting approved. Harvard and Yale provide institutional loans to matriculating international students.

yeah

New

Re: Are you eligilble for loans and scholarships if my bachelor' s degree is non-US?

Post by yeah » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:31 pm

heythatslife wrote:
You should be in the running for most merit scholarships as long as your LSAT/GPA meets the criteria.

As for loans, if you're not a US citizen or a permanent resident and you have no one to cosign your loans, you may face some difficulty in getting approved. Harvard and Yale provide institutional loans to matriculating international students.
I am a US permanent resident but my degree is non-US.

Lincoln

Silver

Post by Lincoln » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:47 am

yeah wrote:
heythatslife wrote:

Then you are eligible for federal loans.

yeah

New

Post by yeah » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 am

Lincoln wrote:
yeah wrote:
heythatslife wrote:

Then you are eligible for federal loans.
Only for federal ones

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:42 am

Only for federal ones
As opposed to... state loans? I'm confused about what you're asking.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 am

I'm eligible for loans and scholarships regardless of where you're undergrad was.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”