Tell Chicago about Harvard? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
carlos_danger

Bronze

Tell Chicago about Harvard?

Post by carlos_danger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:55 am

Their request for reconsideration of aid only has slots for scholarships offers, not admissions, but right now I think Harvard with no aid award yet is the other best offer I have. Should I just put "Harvard - $0/still waiting for aid award"?

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Tell Chicago about Harvard?

Post by UVA2B » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:12 pm

When will you be getting your need-based aid determination? Probably best to wait until you know that amount before submitting if you can. Otherwise, do exactly what you're suggesting and offer to provide it as soon as it is received.

carlos_danger

Bronze

Post by carlos_danger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm

UVA2B wrote:When will you be getting your need-based aid determination? Probably best to wait until you know that amount before submitting if you can. Otherwise, do exactly what you're suggesting and offer to provide it as soon as it is received.
Whenever my dad files his taxes, and he's still waiting on some documentation from his employer. I'll go ahead and do it, then, because I have other deadlines that are coming up immediately.

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:54 pm

carlos_danger wrote:Their request for reconsideration of aid only has slots for scholarships offers, not admissions, but right now I think Harvard with no aid award yet is the other best offer I have. Should I just put "Harvard - $0/still waiting for aid award"?
Would Chicago even bat an eye at an offer from Harvard? You have any T10 scholarships to leverage?

WheninLaw

Silver

Post by WheninLaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:20 pm

saf18hornet wrote:
carlos_danger wrote:Their request for reconsideration of aid only has slots for scholarships offers, not admissions, but right now I think Harvard with no aid award yet is the other best offer I have. Should I just put "Harvard - $0/still waiting for aid award"?
Would Chicago even bat an eye at an offer from Harvard? You have any T10 scholarships to leverage?
Chicago is unlikely to care without an attached offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”