Am I struck out with scholarship negotiation? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jeffcooon

New

Am I struck out with scholarship negotiation?

Post by jeffcooon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 pm

I sent an email to the admissions office, asking for protocols in which I could ask for any increase/availability of merit aid. The office said, after further review, there is no merit aid that the school could provide for me. Does this mean I cannot even provide peer school's offer? and that I am done with scholarship negotiation?

chicagoburger

Bronze

Re: Am I struck out with scholarship negotiation?

Post by chicagoburger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 pm

jeffcooon wrote:I sent an email to the admissions office, asking for protocols in which I could ask for any increase/availability of merit aid. The office said, after further review, there is no merit aid that the school could provide for me. Does this mean I cannot even provide peer school's offer? and that I am done with scholarship negotiation?
Don't take it on the first counter. Don't give up until it's at least the third round of email exchange.
The first reply is usually standard one that they hit "send" with template. You need to follow up to get their personal response.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Did you already have a pending scholarship, or did you ask how to increase the scholarship you didn't have yet?

jeffcooon

New

Post by jeffcooon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:19 am

RCSOB657 wrote:Did you already have a pending scholarship, or did you ask how to increase the scholarship you didn't have yet?
I spoke to two schools:

1. T60 regional school - asking for scholarship increase
2. T70ish private school - received zero, asking for any availability of scholarship

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:22 am

jeffcooon wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:Did you already have a pending scholarship, or did you ask how to increase the scholarship you didn't have yet?
I spoke to two schools:

2. T70ish private school - received zero, asking for any availability of scholarship
Which one dropped you?

jeffcooon

New

Post by jeffcooon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
jeffcooon wrote:
I spoke to two schools:

Which one dropped you?
Both schools =(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”