Negotiating Data Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
laqueredup

Bronze

Negotiating Data

Post by laqueredup » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Does anyone know of any tips on how to search LSN or MyLSN to find students who have been accepted to both school X and school Y? Basically I'm trying to figure out how much more I should be trying to get from a lower ranked school based on acceptance at a higher one by looking at historical data.

guynourmin

Gold

Re: Negotiating Data

Post by guynourmin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:32 pm

Sounds like something you would need to write yourself. could be a fun project!

Robb

Bronze

Post by Robb » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Here you go. I've excluded info from people who received no money to make it more useful (otherwise it just returns a massive amount of results). So you'll have to use other features to determine whether you're even in the scholarship ballgame to begin with, then hopefully this can help with negotiation. If you (or anyone else) notice any problems please let me know. I may integrate this into the main site eventually.

Good idea, thanks for posting it!

laqueredup

Bronze

Post by laqueredup » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Robb wrote:Here you go. I've excluded info from people who received no money to make it more useful (otherwise it just returns a massive amount of results). So you'll have to use other features to determine whether you're even in the scholarship ballgame to begin with, then hopefully this can help with negotiation. If you (or anyone else) notice any problems please let me know. I may integrate this into the main site eventually.

That's awesome! Hope it's useful to others as well!

JD_Kingfish

Bronze

Post by JD_Kingfish » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Robb wrote:Here you go. I've excluded info from people who received no money to make it more useful (otherwise it just returns a massive amount of results). So you'll have to use other features to determine whether you're even in the scholarship ballgame to begin with, then hopefully this can help with negotiation. If you (or anyone else) notice any problems please let me know. I may integrate this into the main site eventually.

TLS God

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

blessup

New

Post by blessup » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Robb wrote:Here you go.
This is god's work. Thank you.

blessup

New

Post by blessup » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:20 pm

This is how I'm looking at numbers from Chicago, Columbia, NYU, and Virginia: