How to Request Deadline Extension for Scholarship Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
mdizzle

New

How to Request Deadline Extension for Scholarship

Post by mdizzle » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Seeking advice/tips/experience for requesting a deadline extension on a merit-based scholarship offer. I was offered a significant merit-based scholarship from a school and need to pass/accept the offer by April 1st. I'm in a tough position since I still haven't heard from many other schools and also don't know my need-based aid situation from this school. I'd like to wait until I have all the information on the table (or at least most of it) before making such a big decision.

Some context: I'm above 75% LSAT and GPA for this school. The scholarship offer I got covers about 75% of tuition.

Any help is appreciated!

PDX4343

Silver

Re: How to Request Deadline Extension for Scholarship

Post by PDX4343 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:35 pm

I would just shoot the admissions department an email, explain your situation, and ask what they can do for you. If you have a contact at the school that you've been talking with about other things maybe ask that person instead. I don't think there's anything 'special' you need to do here. Just ask. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Return to “Financial Aid”