Health Insurance Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
PDX4343

Silver

Health Insurance

Post by PDX4343 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:49 pm

It looks like most schools have a mandatory health insurance fee. I'm wondering, if you have comparable coverage already and are able to waive the requirement, are you still approved to take out loans for the insurance? In other words, could you accept the full loan package (including the health insurance cost) then waive out of the insurance fee and keep the difference for living expenses?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Health Insurance

Post by Nebby » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:57 pm

PDX4343 wrote:It looks like most schools have a mandatory health insurance fee. I'm wondering, if you have comparable coverage already and are able to waive the requirement, are you still approved to take out loans for the insurance? In other words, could you accept the full loan package (including the health insurance cost) then waive out of the insurance fee and keep the difference for living expenses?
No

PDX4343

Silver

Re: Health Insurance

Post by PDX4343 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Nebby wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:It looks like most schools have a mandatory health insurance fee. I'm wondering, if you have comparable coverage already and are able to waive the requirement, are you still approved to take out loans for the insurance? In other words, could you accept the full loan package (including the health insurance cost) then waive out of the insurance fee and keep the difference for living expenses?
No
Thanks.

Return to “Financial Aid”