Two schools: "Can't match offer at this time" Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
MrFreshPrince95

New

Two schools: "Can't match offer at this time"

Post by MrFreshPrince95 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:36 pm

both loyola and depaul told me that they cant match my offers at this time. is that a polite and "smart" way of just saying NO, or does that mean that they will reopen the opportunity at a later time?

WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze

Re: Two schools: "Can't match offer at this time"

Post by WamBamThankYouMaam » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:58 pm

MrFreshPrince95 wrote:both loyola and depaul told me that they cant match my offers at this time. is that a polite and "smart" way of just saying NO, or does that mean that they will reopen the opportunity at a later time?
They've probably given out as much merit aid as their budgets allow right now. I'd ask again a few days after the first deposit deadline since they'll have a better idea of who's attending and how much money they have left.

MrFreshPrince95

New

Post by MrFreshPrince95 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:02 am

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
MrFreshPrince95 wrote:both loyola and depaul told me that they cant match my offers at this time. is that a polite and "smart" way of just saying NO, or does that mean that they will reopen the opportunity at a later time?
They've probably given out as much merit aid as their budgets allow right now. I'd ask again a few days after the first deposit deadline since they'll have a better idea of who's attending and how much money they have left.
wambamthankyoumaan, thank you. finally.. an honest and good answer on this website thats full of trolls lol. nice sweater btw

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:21 am

MrFreshPrince95 wrote:
wambamthankyoumaan, thank you. finally.. an honest and good answer on this website thats full of trolls lol. nice sweater btw
By "trolls", do you mean "people who have asked you to honestly assess your career goals and whether your target law schools will help you meet them"?

Because from your post history, those are the only kinds of people you've met.

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Just squeezing in -- Are there any significant ramifications for negotiating past the first deposit deadline? Will I be at risk of losing my seat and/or scholarship?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:39 pm

potus wrote:
Just squeezing in -- Are there any significant ramifications for negotiating past the first deposit deadline? Will I be at risk of losing my seat and/or scholarship?
If you haven't actually made a deposit, yes, you will lose your seat and scholarship. But if you're making seat deposits at multiple schools (be careful about doing this), or you get in off a waitlist before matriculating, then you can continue to negotiate scholarships after the deadline.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”