Long long of a process can negotiating scholarships go? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
MrFreshPrince95

New

Long long of a process can negotiating scholarships go?

Post by MrFreshPrince95 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:48 am

Is negotiating scholarships with a school a long process? i sent my email to them already im just wondering how long would it take for them to get back to me (ex a week? a month?)

TYTY

big_willy_style_333

Bronze

Re: Long long of a process can negotiating scholarships go?

Post by big_willy_style_333 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:55 am

r/titlegore

MrFreshPrince95

New

Post by MrFreshPrince95 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:23 pm

I have no idea what that even means lmao
big_willy_style_333 wrote:r/titlegore

saf18hornet

Bronze

Post by saf18hornet » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:43 pm

MrFreshPrince95 wrote:I have no idea what that even means lmao
big_willy_style_333 wrote:r/titlegore
https://www.reddit.com/r/titlegore/
He/she means ya ain't talk real gud

Mr. Freeze

New

Post by Mr. Freeze » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:56 am

It shouldnt take too long because the school probably doesnt want to be negotiating a bunch of scholarships at the same time. It depends on the school though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:12 am

I recently asked Michigan about this (because I had some concerns about being able to try to negotiate a scholly and make a decision in time) and they told me that the process is usually fairly quick.

I don't know about other schools, but I'd imagine schools that have some sort of deadline to decide would also do their best to be quick about making a new offer (if they're going to make a new offer).

batlaw

New

Post by batlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:42 pm

brinicolec wrote:I recently asked Michigan about this (because I had some concerns about being able to try to negotiate a scholly and make a decision in time) and they told me that the process is usually fairly quick.

I don't know about other schools, but I'd imagine schools that have some sort of deadline to decide would also do their best to be quick about making a new offer (if they're going to make a new offer).

Wait, did you ask Michigan about negotiating scholarships with Michigan or about the process for negotiating with other schools? I was under the impression Michigan didn't negotiate.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:44 pm

batlaw wrote:
brinicolec wrote:I recently asked Michigan about this (because I had some concerns about being able to try to negotiate a scholly and make a decision in time) and they told me that the process is usually fairly quick.

Wait, did you ask Michigan about negotiating scholarships with Michigan or about the process for negotiating with other schools? I was under the impression Michigan didn't negotiate.
They don't negotiate with people who ~ have ~ a scholarship package. But they have a scholarship compete kind of thing for those who ~ don't ~ have a package (aka me :cry:)

batlaw

New

Post by batlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:32 pm

brinicolec wrote:
batlaw wrote:

They don't negotiate with people who ~ have ~ a scholarship package. But they have a scholarship compete kind of thing for those who ~ don't ~ have a package (aka me :cry:)
Ahhh my bad. At least they still let you negotiate though! Hopefully, they compete!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:38 pm

batlaw wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
batlaw wrote:

Ahhh my bad. At least they still let you negotiate though! Hopefully, they compete!
Yeah, I'm grasping at straws since they're the best-ranked school I got into but, you never know, maybe if I'm able to express my interest enough they'll be willing to help. I found it a little strange that I got a big goose egg because I'm literally one point below their median LSAT, but I think my GPA brought me down lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”