LRAP Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
bfarring

New

LRAP

Post by bfarring » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:41 am

Is anyone on here currently enrolled in an LRAP or know someone who is? I'm looking for any catches or downsides to it that the schools themselves wouldn't publicize. I know it requires working in public interest / government with a limited salary for 10 years in most cases (but I was going to do that anyways). Other than that?

Renzo

Gold

Re: LRAP

Post by Renzo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

bfarring wrote:Is anyone on here currently enrolled in an LRAP or know someone who is? I'm looking for any catches or downsides to it that the schools themselves wouldn't publicize. I know it requires working in public interest / government with a limited salary for 10 years in most cases (but I was going to do that anyways). Other than that?
Generally no, its usually a good deal if you're really committed to PI work. Depends on the school, but some count spouse's income toward the cap, and most schools won't pay back any loans above the standard student budget (or less, if you made a pile of money your 2L summer).

Return to “Financial Aid”