Financial Aid Question - about FAFSA + Need Access Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ericng314

New

Financial Aid Question - about FAFSA + Need Access

Post by ericng314 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Hey,

So I just submitted my applications for law school already. I know that eventually I'll have to get to sending out financial aid applications and stuff, but I am sort of confused about what to do.

So I applied to about 15-16 schools. These are my following questions:

1) Do I have to apply for financial aid to every single school? Even for those that I consider reaches? Or do I just apply right after I get my decision?

2) Depending on the answer to Question #1, does that mean that I have to also send the FAFSA to every single school?

3)Depending on what schools accept Need Access, do I have to pay a separate fee for each different school or does the $28? dollar fee cover all of the possible number of financial aid apps I have to send to schools?

4) Does it matter when I apply for financial aid right now?

Thanks for reading my thread!

beesknees

Bronze

Re: Financial Aid Question - about FAFSA + Need Access

Post by beesknees » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:38 pm

1) The FAFSA allows you to send to 10 schools, so its not like you are sending out to every one of your schools, you are just choosing up to 10 schools on the form. I applied to 14 schools, but since I've been accepted to my 2 favorite schools, I just dropped the bottom 4 schools from my list (they were just safeties anyway). I still chose to send to my reaches that I haven't heard from yet in case I do get in.

4) You want to submit your FAFSA and need access in a timely manner. I'm doing so as soon as I receive my W2 forms.

I don't know about #3. I'm actually curious about that too.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:51 pm

It's not letting me start a 2010-2011 application.

Georgiana

Silver

Post by Georgiana » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 am

I believe Need Access is just one fee, I sent it to several schools and don't remember being pissed about the cost :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”