CLEO 2009 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
spike

New

Re: CLEO 2009

Post by spike » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Yeah, I feel ya on the deposit. It was very hard for me to come up with the money as well, but I keep hearing the benefits certainly outweigh the short-run sacrifice. I attended one of their summer events my junior year in undergrad and CLEO really is very supportive of its participants, so it gives me confidence in their summer institute. I see the merit in having some subtlety for a program this awesome. If anyone knows about my previous question, please PM me.

rosieposie

New

Post by rosieposie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:33 pm

spike wrote:Yeah, I feel ya on the deposit. It was very hard for me to come up with the money as well, but I keep hearing the benefits certainly outweigh the short-run sacrifice. I attended one of their summer events my junior year in undergrad and CLEO really is very supportive of its participants, so it gives me confidence in their summer institute. I see the merit in having some subtlety for a program this awesome. If anyone knows about my previous question, please PM me.
i think 5k is the max scholarship we may recieve upon completion

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:01 pm

i still haven't heard anything... :(
i guess i'm going to go ahead and send in the application for attitude is essential.

Pnut

New

Post by Pnut » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:37 pm

onandon wrote:i still haven't heard anything... :(
i guess i'm going to go ahead and send in the application for attitude is essential.
I applied for the program as well and will be at Pitt for the summer. Don't worry if you haven't heard yet... I think they will be notifying the another round soon.
And don't start filling out a new application for AIE. If you applied to the Summer Institute and are not offered a spot, CLEO will automatically offer you a spot in AIE. Check with them and let me know if I'm wrong. Good Luck!

-peanut
Last edited by Pnut on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Pnut wrote:
onandon wrote:i still haven't heard anything... :(
I applied for the program as well and will be in Pitt for the summer. Don't worry if you haven't heard yet... I think they will be notifying the 2nd round soon.
And don't start filling out a new application for AIE. If you applied to the Summer Institute and are not offered a spot, CLEO will automatically offer you a spot in AIE. Check with them and let me know if I'm wrong. Good Luck!

-peanut
thanks for the info! :)
i don't think i could take filling out another applcation.

allenfa

New

Post by allenfa » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Its been four months since I applied to CLEO and haven't heard a peep other than the application acknowledgment. I think I've officially stopped caring...

Vigilante5

New

Post by Vigilante5 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

facebook group for the Pittsburgh Crew

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... ref=search

kimins

New

Post by kimins » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:23 am

allenfa wrote:Its been four months since I applied to CLEO and haven't heard a peep other than the application acknowledgment. I think I've officially stopped caring...

same here man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i please get a response CLEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

ps: I still care :oops: ....let me in!

SouthernBelle

New

Post by SouthernBelle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:46 pm

kimins wrote:
allenfa wrote:Its been four months since I applied to CLEO and haven't heard a peep other than the application acknowledgment. I think I've officially stopped caring...

GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

I was told the we would hear something by April 7, 2009...and that was April 3, 2009 so we got at least one more day before we can just give up

kimins

New

Post by kimins » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 am

SouthernBelle wrote:
kimins wrote:

GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

I was told the we would hear something by April 7, 2009...and that was April 3, 2009 so we got at least one more day before we can just give up

strange---i got tired of the wait and called and they told me end of april---*sigh* i hope you're right

blackjuris

New

Post by blackjuris » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:31 am

I see there are a few of us are still waiting for some news.. :roll:

SouthernBelle

New

Post by SouthernBelle » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:40 am

blackjuris wrote:I see there are a few of us are still waiting for some news.. :roll:
Yes, we are still waiting...Im not really consumed with the idea of knowing as much as I was about a month ago...either way I am okay...I just would hate to find out that I am in at a late date because of the expenses...But I spoke with the admissions counselor at one of the school's I am waiting on an acceptance from and she said I was nominated to CLEO, I just hope CLEO takes me.

allenfa

New

Post by allenfa » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 pm

SouthernBelle wrote:
kimins wrote:

GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

hear anything?

kimins

New

Post by kimins » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:45 am

allenfa wrote:
SouthernBelle wrote:
kimins wrote:

GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

hear anything?
no i havent but i'm just gonna get it outta my head and move on with my life and jus to let you know, we'll hear by the end of april--i actually called so it's not april 7th as you can see....u still wanna go?

People's Eyebrow

New

Post by People's Eyebrow » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:13 am

I'm in at SIU...has anyone received any notice about the summer sked?

raz3445

New

Post by raz3445 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:07 pm

The times for travel have been sent out for SIU. Apparently, Texas is well represented. Two from Baylor and two from Dallas, and I am from the Austin area. At least 5 out of 40 is not bad.

bonesinger

New

Post by bonesinger » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:26 pm

got an email from pitt law school director explaining quite a few things.

anyone know if theres an on campus gym? i will die without one :(

jrod

New

Post by jrod » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:48 pm

I dont get it. Are they even gonna tell people they did not get in??? We were supposed to know ages ago. This is ridiculous.

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:44 am

jrod wrote:I dont get it. Are they even gonna tell people they did not get in??? We were supposed to know ages ago. This is ridiculous.
i got an e-mail today saying all of the spots have been filled and letters went out this week. so, i assume that you should get something in the mail soon.

i didn't get in.. :( oh well, looks like i'll be doing aie instead.

congrats and good luck to everyone who got in! :D
Last edited by onandon on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

uphill

New

Post by uphill » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:45 am

Got a negative today.

Is the Attitude one worth it?

Why not, right? "Every bit helps" mentality?

onandon

New

Post by onandon » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:51 am

uphill wrote:Got a negative today.

yeah... that's what i say!

J Boogie

New

Post by J Boogie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:58 pm

uphill wrote:Got a negative today.

$250 travel stipend, [gross hotel] meals included, a two night stay and all the networking you can handle.... yes, I believe it's worth it.

misssle

New

Post by misssle » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:21 pm

I will be attending AIE in Atlanta. From what I hear its a very good experience. Definitely looking foward to it.

Pnut

New

Post by Pnut » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 am

bonesinger wrote:got an email from pitt law school director explaining quite a few things.

anyone know if theres an on campus gym? i will die without one :(
You'll die, really? Is it that critical?

Well you'll be happy to know there is a good chance that there is one: http://www.pc.pitt.edu/housing/amenities.html
from the website: http://www.pc.pitt.edu/housing/halls/towerc.html

I hope this is right :D

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”