3.11 GPA, no LSAT, T13 chances? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
T14HopefulURM

New

3.11 GPA, no LSAT, T13 chances?

Post by T14HopefulURM » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Hi.
I have a 3.11, not taken my LSAT yet but aiming to take it Oct 28th and get a score of 175 or better. I also have work experience Did you get in with your scores? If yes, what schools? I'm also AA, Female so I am URM and applying next year wto start in 2021. My picks are Harvard and U Penn but will also apply to UVA , UT Austin and Georgetown

QContinuum

Re: 3.11 GPA, no LSAT, T13 chances?

Post by QContinuum » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Take the LSAT first (and good luck!) and then come back once you have a score in hand. It's pretty much impossible to speculate on your chances without an actual, reportable LSAT score.

MaxMcMann

Bronze

Re: 3.11 GPA, no LSAT, T13 chances?

Post by MaxMcMann » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:40 pm

You have chances. I was a non-URM in that range at a lower T14. My LSAT was median - guess they liked my work experience/essays.

I know a couple of guys in my class who did worse. One had a GPA somewhere in the 2.8 range - but a 176 LSAT.

Basically, study your ass off for the test. You'll need it - with that GPA you'll be lucky to get into ANY T13 (Lord knows I was - last minute off a waitlist with no cash and damn happy to have it) and you certainly can't rely on it.

Yeah, it's possible but don't count on it. I have a URM friend with great experience/recs and a niche but highly in-demand specialty who didn't make it with a higher GPA. No idea what her LSAT was - I assume mid 160s based on her posturing.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”