Chances at Georgetown and some others? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
RosaMystica

New

Chances at Georgetown and some others?

Post by RosaMystica » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Hello, all! Hoping to get into Georgetown as my first choice, but there's a few schools I'd like to go to. Planning on applying in the cycle for Fall 2020. Here's my stats.

GPA: 3.4
LSAT: 170
URM

Took a year after my undergrad to teach middle school English at a Title 1 school. Not sure what else would be relevant besides just pasting my entire personal statement draft here, so let me know if there's anything else that would be considered significant. Thank you guys, I'm dying of nerves already!

objctnyrhnr

Re: Chances at Georgetown and some others?

Post by objctnyrhnr » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm

I’d like your g town chances even as a non urm. As a urm, I’m thinking you can do better than g town

HopingIPass2929

New

Post by HopingIPass2929 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:23 am

RosaMystica wrote:Hello, all! Hoping to get into Georgetown as my first choice, but there's a few schools I'd like to go to. Planning on applying in the cycle for Fall 2020. Here's my stats.

GPA: 3.4
LSAT: 170
URM

Took a year after my undergrad to teach middle school English at a Title 1 school. Not sure what else would be relevant besides just pasting my entire personal statement draft here, so let me know if there's anything else that would be considered significant. Thank you guys, I'm dying of nerves already!

I got in with a 169 and 3.33 (with small scholarship)

RosaMystica

New

Post by RosaMystica » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Thank you both, this is very encouraging! The other schools I'm going to be applying to are Notre Dame, UCLA, Vanderbilt, and Boston College. You guys think that's about right for these stats?

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:15 pm

As a URM I would shoot higher and at the very least include UVA on your list.

RosaMystica

New

Post by RosaMystica » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 pm

objctnyrhnr wrote:As a URM I would shoot higher and at the very least include UVA on your list.
It's crazy to me to think I might have a shot at a school like UVA, but I'll definitely have to consider it now. It'd be a dream to go to any T10 school.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 am

RosaMystica wrote:
objctnyrhnr wrote:As a URM I would shoot higher and at the very least include UVA on your list.
It's crazy to me to think I might have a shot at a school like UVA, but I'll definitely have to consider it now. It'd be a dream to go to any T10 school.
I'd advise blanketing the T13 from Chicago and down. A 3.4 is solid and a 170 is a terrific LSAT score. The T13 ought to be your oyster. You can also apply to a few T20s like Georgetown, Vandy and WUSTL to be extra safe, but honestly I think you'll land multiple T13 offers with $. Make sure to apply early and best wishes!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”