Law school chances? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dga160030

New

Law school chances?

Post by dga160030 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:09 am

Hey everyone,
I had a question about my chances for this round of applications. I am a MA male with a ~4.05 GPA and a 166 LSAT. I applied to all the schools in the top 15, except for Yale and Stanford. I’m in my third and final year of undergrad at a UT school (not Austin), and I’m a first gen. I’ve worked the last year, have been copy editor of my student newspaper, had 3 LORs, and have been president of a student org as well as a member of my student government. In yall’s experience, what kind of chances do I have? I also really want to apply to Yale, but I’m not sure I would get in. What should I do? And how hopeful should I be?

Also - if I were to update my LSAC transcript now, my GPA would go up to a ~4.1. Should I bother updating it? Thank you all!

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”