Could anyone chance me? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jacksonehgi

New

Could anyone chance me?

Post by jacksonehgi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:05 am

Hey everyone,

Type of URM: Latino/Hispanic (Dominican (1/2) and Guatemalan (1/2) male; LGBT as well.

GPA: 3.47

LSAT: 179

Softs: Graduated with honors from an Ivy League, currently a research assistant for Columbia, and working at a major non-profit in NYC.

I'm primarily interested in T14 schools, especially Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and NYU. Do I have a chance at any of these schools?

(Note: I would like to mention that dad (who is Guatemalan) was of Mayan descent, and maintained ties with his culture. I'm not sure if I am considered as a Native American by North American standards, but I do feel as if I fit in culturally by Central American standards. Could I check that as part of my race/ethnicity during the application process?)

Go Nats!

New

Re: Could anyone chance me?

Post by Go Nats! » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:44 pm

People are just going to point you to LSN, which is fine. But my two cents is this: that GPA is going to make HYS hard to achieve and if you get into Columbia and NYU, it likely won't be with money. Truth is as a URM with an LSAT like this, you should apply to just the T14. I'd be incredibly surprised if you didn't get into the T6 *at least*

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”