Could anyone chance me?

(BLS, URM status, non-traditional, GLBT)
jacksonehgi

New

Could anyone chance me?

Postby jacksonehgi » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:05 am

Hey everyone,

Type of URM: Latino/Hispanic (Dominican (1/2) and Guatemalan (1/2) male; LGBT as well.

GPA: 3.47

LSAT: 179

Softs: Graduated with honors from an Ivy League, currently a research assistant for Columbia, and working at a major non-profit in NYC.

I'm primarily interested in T14 schools, especially Yale, Harvard, Columbia, and NYU. Do I have a chance at any of these schools?

(Note: I would like to mention that dad (who is Guatemalan) was of Mayan descent, and maintained ties with his culture. I'm not sure if I am considered as a Native American by North American standards, but I do feel as if I fit in culturally by Central American standards. Could I check that as part of my race/ethnicity during the application process?)

Go Nats!

New

Re: Could anyone chance me?

Postby Go Nats! » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:44 pm

People are just going to point you to LSN, which is fine. But my two cents is this: that GPA is going to make HYS hard to achieve and if you get into Columbia and NYU, it likely won't be with money. Truth is as a URM with an LSAT like this, you should apply to just the T14. I'd be incredibly surprised if you didn't get into the T6 *at least*

Return to “Under Represented Law Student Forum�