Adopted Biracial URM Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dhas

New

Adopted Biracial URM

Post by dhas » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Wondering about URM status :?: :?: :?:

I was adopted to the US from South Korea as a baby but am racially "half" Korean and "half" Native American (not legally recongized and no tribe affiliation because I have no ancestral records). There are really no details that I can obtain other than this from the agency through which I was adopted. I am concerned about how I should represent my race to schools.

nylon_law

New

Re: Adopted Biracial URM

Post by nylon_law » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 pm

Go to 23andme.com, send in a sample and the results will probably come back with your native american percentages.

QContinuum

Re: Adopted Biracial URM

Post by QContinuum » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:49 am

Native American status is a tricky one. I'd err on the side of caution in your shoes and only claim it with some form of documentation - see, e.g., http://www.gocollege.com/financial-aid/ ... ships.html for a summary of the process for documenting Native heritage.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”