MA Male- 3.07 GPA 166 ,lower t-14 chances ? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rickvalo

New

MA Male- 3.07 GPA 166 ,lower t-14 chances ?

Post by rickvalo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:42 am

[youtube][/youtube]Read an interesting about post how only 150ish Hispanic Students score a 165 or higher in the LSAT, and that there are 364 matriculated Hispanic students in the T-14. I realize that this doesn't mean that you automatically get into a T-14 Schoo with that score since I'm sure an MA applicant with a 3.9 and 164 would be more appealing than an applicant with a 166 and 3.07 GPA.

I'm a first-generation college student, but have weak softs and a weak GPA. I am wondering If I would still have a decent chance at a lower T-14 like Georgetown/ Cornell, and how my chances would be for a T-20 like UCLA. Is a 166 not enough ? Thanks guys

bizzybone1313

Silver

Re: MA Male- 3.07 GPA 166 ,lower t-14 chances ?

Post by bizzybone1313 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:25 pm

Post the YouTube video that said this about MA URM’s.

Usmchedonist

New

Re: MA Male- 3.07 GPA 166 ,lower t-14 chances ?

Post by Usmchedonist » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:02 pm

There are many calculators to do the job. I think there’s a fair chance, but if you’re under the median for both LSAT/GPA, I would take the LSAT again to at least get to the median for some $$.
From what I’ve read Georgetown isn’t really known for generous scholarships either and has a crazy high tuition. If money is a concern, I would apply but settle for a place that gives you more bread. I’m in a similar situation. But I’m gunning for a 168 or higher to get the best chance possible for Georgetown. Are you applying this cycle?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”