3.65/169 -- Chance me for T14 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
MillenialThinkPiece

New

3.65/169 -- Chance me for T14

Post by MillenialThinkPiece » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:28 pm

I'm an AA Male considering applying in this next admission cycle. Have been working for 2 years in finance in NYC. Have some history of legal services volunteering (dealing with tenant rights) from college/internships. Decided to pivot to full-time work for two years and then circle back to determine if I was still interested in law school. Graduated from Ivy undergrad, polisci major. Wondering what my application strategy should be, and whether I should retake for higher score (I took once). Not really interested in waiting for more than one extra year.

L_William_W

Bronze

Re: 3.65/169 -- Chance me for T14

Post by L_William_W » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:40 am

With a 169 LSAT, you have a high chance of getting into Columbia, NYU, and Cornell. You have a good chance of getting into Harvard and Yale. Good luck.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:54 pm

MillenialThinkPiece wrote:I'm an AA Male considering applying in this next admission cycle. Have been working for 2 years in finance in NYC. Have some history of legal services volunteering (dealing with tenant rights) from college/internships. Decided to pivot to full-time work for two years and then circle back to determine if I was still interested in law school. Graduated from Ivy undergrad, polisci major. Wondering what my application strategy should be, and whether I should retake for higher score (I took once). Not really interested in waiting for more than one extra year.
Congrats on kicking butt in undergrad and on the LSAT. Retaking never hurts (except at Yale, maybe), but probably isn't necessary unless you want to bump up your scholly at CCN. http://mylsn.info/x7mktj

Your strategy should be to apply early and write a good diversity statement. Your final decision is likely to come down to which school has better weather: Palo Alto > Cambridge. Ofc you could save money on COL in New Haven or Chicago. Or you could go to Michigan for free for a couple years. Good luck - you won't need it.

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:02 pm

Yea, you're sitting pretty. I'd be fairly shocked if you didn't get one of HYS, but depending on your goals the better play is probably to take a nice scholly at a CCN / MVP.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”