I'm a black male who'll be applying with a 3.4-3.5 GPA. What LSAT score do I need? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
chopinisgod

New

I'm a black male who'll be applying with a 3.4-3.5 GPA. What LSAT score do I need?

Post by chopinisgod » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 pm

I'm trying to get into a T-14 school. I just finished sophomore year and I have a 3.4 GPA. I don't know if law schools care about an upward trend, but my GPA is so low because I took two sciences classes my first semester of college and got C's in both. After that semester, I received mostly A's and B's and did not get any grade below B+ this past year. Given the fact that this year I was trying my hardest and I was taking classes that played to my strengths (writing and reading oriented classes), and because I want to go to law school right after undergrad, I do not feel that I will be able to raise my GPA higher than a little over 3.5 by the time I apply. I have started preparing for the LSAT and plan to take the January test. I took a diagnostic a few weeks ago and I got a 145. I know that this is an abominable score, and I got the powerscore LSAT books and I've been studying every day. I'm wondering just how high I need to get my LSAT score to be admitted to T-14 schools with around a 3.5.

uncle_rico

New

Re: I'm a black male who'll be applying with a 3.4-3.5 GPA. What LSAT score do I need?

Post by uncle_rico » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 am

You will need a score in the 160s but honestly this is the wrong way to look at it. Focus on trying to maximize your score to your best ability rather than trying to work just hard enough to get a score that you think makes you eligible. I think this leads to a lack of maximum preparation and effort which ultimately may lead to underperformance

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”