Withdrawing Applications Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dbrinks34

New

Withdrawing Applications

Post by dbrinks34 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Hello!

I have recently completed my applications. Yay me! The problem is, I have two schools that require 2 letters of recommendation and I only have one. I applied to 9 schools and the two apps that are incomplete are at schools I’m heavily considering. I have been chasing 1 recommender for 4 months, she was a professor of mine that loves my writing. The other is a former work superior I recently asked to help, since my prof. was slacking. He also has disappeared on me. I feel like just giving up and withdrawing my application to these schools since they won’t review my app without the extra letter. Should I just withdraw? Your thoughts.

TripleM

Bronze

Re: Withdrawing Applications

Post by TripleM » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Have you expressed to the recommenders that you are at risk of having your applications rejected? I don’t mean hinting, I mean, “I really appreciate your support and I know you’re very busy, but I’m hoping you will be able to complete my letter of recommendation this week. All other elements of my application were submitted in xx but the schools won’t consider my application until your letter has been received.” It’s time to be polite but blunt. At this point it’s hard to see how it could be worse.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”