Multiple LSAT scores Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mjb77

New

Multiple LSAT scores

Post by mjb77 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:49 am

Do law schools really average multiple lsat scores, particularly for urm candidates? Does anyone have an experience where their university only took their highest score into account. I am most interested in NYU. Their website states, "If I take the LSAT more than once, does the Committee see the higher score? Yes, but they evaluate based on the average score in most cases. The Committee may take special circumstances into account. If a candidate can point out specific reasons why the Committee should consider an LSAT score aberrant, they should detail those reasons in an addendum to the personal statement." However, other top schools don't even specify whether or not they average scores. So I'm wondering if NYU truly engages in this practice.

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”