Late Diversity Statement Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ToddCraines

New

Late Diversity Statement

Post by ToddCraines » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:21 am

Hey! Long Time lurker with a question

So while working on my apps, I couldn't put together a diversity statement that didn't sound fake or forced as I was kind of stuck on the adversity mind set. Recently, I have thought a way that I can weave my unique diversity while not trying to make a sob story.

Here's my problem, I've already applied to 11 schools this cycle with only my personal statement (and then additional essays to those schools that ask/encourage). How bad would it look if I email my new diversity statement to update my file? Or should I wait and send it in if I get waitlisted? I really don't want to get dinged when this could really help me! Thank you!!

LSlyfe

Bronze

Re: Late Diversity Statement

Post by LSlyfe » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 pm

ToddCraines wrote:Hey! Long Time lurker with a question

So while working on my apps, I couldn't put together a diversity statement that didn't sound fake or forced as I was kind of stuck on the adversity mind set. Recently, I have thought a way that I can weave my unique diversity while not trying to make a sob story.

Here's my problem, I've already applied to 11 schools this cycle with only my personal statement (and then additional essays to those schools that ask/encourage). How bad would it look if I email my new diversity statement to update my file? Or should I wait and send it in if I get waitlisted? I really don't want to get dinged when this could really help me! Thank you!!
Honestly I don't think it'll look bad at all. I emailed in mine late to about 7 schools and they were all very kind about adding it to my files and many of those schools I've since been invited to interviews and/or been accepted to. Better late than never, go ahead and send it unless there's a specific school that you feel isn't open to late submissions of any type!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”