3.56, 160 foreign Hispanic URM male Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
polamalu

New

3.56, 160 foreign Hispanic URM male

Post by polamalu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi all,

I have a 3.56, and a 160. I attended an Ivy for undergrad, and I'm a Hispanic male. I'm currently working at a big law firm as a paralegal (just graduated this year). My GPA started low but rose as my level of English improved (I assume that doesn't matter too much).

I'm looking at Cornell (reach, assume being alumni doesn't help), Vandy, BU, USC, GW, Fordham, GMU, Florida, Miami, American, Brooklyn. I want to do international law, and I'm very motivated about going to law school, even more so after spending time working at the firm.
I'm open to a retake of course.

I'm also concerned about what the scholarship money would look like...if anyone has a good hunch it would be great to hear about it.

Thanks!!

AlPastor

Bronze

Re: 3.56, 160 foreign Hispanic URM male

Post by AlPastor » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:02 pm

What type of hispanic URM? Also, are you a US Citizen?*

I only ask because the answers to those questions will have a huge impact on your chances!

* Not sure if there's a diff between US citizen and permanent resident for admissions purposes. If anyone knows please feel free to jump in.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to ask is if you're an international applicant

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”