Sept lsat improvement Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jimmyplayer601

Bronze

Sept lsat improvement

Post by jimmyplayer601 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 am

Hello, I was able to improve my lsat from a 163 to a 167. My GPA is a 3.8x, and I'm Mexican and gay. And graduated from an ivy. Was wondering if my new score will put in a really good place for HYS, and how good the scholarships I could get from CCN could me.

PhilNoir

New

Re: Sept lsat improvement

Post by PhilNoir » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Bumping this. I myself have no idea, but think that it would be worth it to get an answer on this since I'm sure you're not alone in your cycle in wondering this given the demographic info you've provided. Good luck on apps!

fulbrightinmexico

New

Post by fulbrightinmexico » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 am

jimmyplayer601 wrote:Hello, I was able to improve my lsat from a 163 to a 167. My GPA is a 3.8x, and I'm Mexican and gay. And graduated from an ivy. Was wondering if my new score will put in a really good place for HYS, and how good the scholarships I could get from CCN could me.
Also think that this is relevant and hope bumping it will get more posters! I'm in virtually same position re: Mexican with high GPA from an Ivy and our LSAT scores are similar. from everything I've heard it's sort of a tossup -- I think strength of application may determine a lot. if you've worked in latinx communities, definitely apply for the NYU Latinx Rights scholarship (it's a free ride). wishing you the best of luck!

AlPastor

Bronze

Post by AlPastor » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 am

I have very similar stats and asked for the same advice a while back. You will be competitive at the whole T-14 (really good chances at the lower T-14) and have a shot at H & S if you have a very strong app. Yale is always a black box, but I guess it's not completely out of the picture. Best of luck!

If anyone else reads this and thinks I'm wrong, please feel free to jump in and correct me

Drea

New

Post by Drea » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:49 am

IMO, I don't think your numbers preclude you from reaching any school, so your writing/recs/resume will make all the difference. If you put as much effort into those components as you have your GPA and LSAT (like for real for real), I wouldn't be surprised if things worked out.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”