HELPPPP, When to submit apps if you're retaking for a better LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
abrownstruggling

New

HELPPPP, When to submit apps if you're retaking for a better LSAT

Post by abrownstruggling » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

I just got my lsat back and it was on the lower end of the 150's. I am definitely retaking in December. I have a 3.64 as of now (from my state flagship university). My question to you all is should I hold my apps for all the T-14 schools, or would it be better to submit early and cross my fingers that I get waitlisted to some then go from there? I'm for sure gonna just go ahead with my apps to the schools between 20-45 that I had in mind, but I have no idea what I should do as far as the top schools. My softs are pretty basic: resident assistant for two years, university ambassador, study abroad full scholarship, student worker in study abroad office, etc. URM: AA female) Please help!

Drea

New

Re: HELPPPP, When to submit apps if you're retaking for a better LSAT

Post by Drea » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:15 am

Don't know if you've submitted by now.. but anyway, I'd recommend not rushing to submit your app if you plan to retake. In general, I think it's better to have a complete picture of the app you're submitting when you submit. So I'm personally more in favor of solid late apps than early so-so apps. Also, for POC who are not shoe-ins at selective schools, my theory is that it doesn't significantly benefit you to submit early because I'd guess that admissions officers would hold your app anyway until they have a better sense of the entire pool.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”