...should i retake? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
somelshopeful

New

...should i retake?

Post by somelshopeful » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 am

AA, with okay GPA.
if you look at my post history i once had dreams of 170+ but reality set in pretty quickly lol. i got my score last night, a 159. it was at or around where i expected but i wanted to break 160. i skipped two questions on a section i prayed was experimental. :( they were not. :(
psychologically...i'm really stuck on how that could have easily been at least a flat 160. does it matter?
i plan to apply conservatively to t-14 since there are only 4 or 5 i truly want to attend b/c location and where my roots are.
i work full time and can't afford private tutoring so i'm not sure how much better i can get on my own with just the materials i have. any advice?

Cmoney $$

New

Re: ...should i retake?

Post by Cmoney $$ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:34 am

somelshopeful wrote:AA, with okay GPA.
if you look at my post history i once had dreams of 170+ but reality set in pretty quickly lol. i got my score last night, a 159. it was at or around where i expected but i wanted to break 160. i skipped two questions on a section i prayed was experimental. :( they were not. :(
psychologically...i'm really stuck on how that could have easily been at least a flat 160. does it matter?
i plan to apply conservatively to t-14 since there are only 4 or 5 i truly want to attend b/c location and where my roots are.
i work full time and can't afford private tutoring so i'm not sure how much better i can get on my own with just the materials i have. any advice?
My June score was 155 and I had the same goal as you for the September test (break 160). I got a 169 on September. The only thing I changed study wise is that I used the Fox lsat books, and drilled a lot more LR (In lieu of so many practice tests). I also wasnt nervous at all during the September test because i already knew what to expect. Although, I don't plan to apply to any T-14 schools because I really want to go to Arizona State. I want to live in Phoenix for school and hopefully land a job there. As of now I intend to work with Veterans and the VA in some capacity in the health law field, so i think ASU will suit my needs for this. My 160 goal would have given me a decent shot at ASU. I don't think your 159 will net you much in terms of the T-14.

All that being said, you should probably retake if you want a shot at those top schools.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: ...should i retake?

Post by sparkytrainer » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am

OP you aren't going to get any t13 bites with an "okay" gpa and a 159. Just retake.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”