Chance Me for T-14? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anacabana

New

Chance Me for T-14?

Post by anacabana » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:33 pm

Last edited by anacabana on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

trafalgar

New

Re: Chance Me for T-14?

Post by trafalgar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:05 pm

According to previous ppl, and my lsn, I think you're app is pretty strong for Columbia on down.. HS gonna be more of a coinflip, & Yale who knows.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:35 pm

You need to apply broadly to the t13. Why cherry pick? It may be that Penn gives you 0 money but UVA throws you 100k in scholarships. You are not in a position to pick yet. Apply to the whole t13 and see how it shakes out. For example, Duke outcompetes every school in the t13 except Columbia in employment statistics. Why isn't Duke on your list? Just apply to all of them. Find out where you get the $$$$ and then decide.

anacabana

New

Post by anacabana » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:You need to apply broadly to the t13. Why cherry pick? It may be that Penn gives you 0 money but UVA throws you 100k in scholarships. You are not in a position to pick yet. Apply to the whole t13 and see how it shakes out. For example, Duke outcompetes every school in the t13 except Columbia in employment statistics. Why isn't Duke on your list? Just apply to all of them. Find out where you get the $$$$ and then decide.
I see what you mean, I think those are fantastic schools as well, I'm just not very interested in attending school in the south.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 pm

anacabana wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:You need to apply broadly to the t13. Why cherry pick? It may be that Penn gives you 0 money but UVA throws you 100k in scholarships. You are not in a position to pick yet. Apply to the whole t13 and see how it shakes out. For example, Duke outcompetes every school in the t13 except Columbia in employment statistics. Why isn't Duke on your list? Just apply to all of them. Find out where you get the $$$$ and then decide.
I see what you mean, I think those are fantastic schools as well, I'm just not very interested in attending school in the south.
You should be if UVA is free and NYU will cost you 300k hypothetically. Plus, at least in Durham, the community has been awesome.

Leaving alone schools in the south, you still are missing Chicago, NW, Cornell.. I mean this list just generally makes no sense.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”