LSAT needed for T-13? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Skadidas

New

LSAT needed for T-13?

Post by Skadidas » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Hey guys, LSAC finally calculated my cumulative GPA and it is just under a 3.1. Granted, it is higher than I was expecting so no complaints there. My question, however, is in regards to the LSAT score necessary for a decent shot at the T-13 given the following stats.

URM: MA
LSAC Cumulative GPA: 3.09
LSAT: 162

Softs:
-Highly involved in extracurriculars during undergraduate studies (think 4+ organizations holding "meaningful" roles)
-NCAA Division 1 Athlete
-2+ Years of work experience in which I experienced accelerated growth in the realm of promotions at a well-known company
-2 Glowing letters of recommendation from my employer

Am I correct to assume that regardless of a profound LSAT score, I have no chance outside of maybe Northwestern and perhaps Virginia (ED) due to my GPA? I am retaking the LSAT this December and will not submit any applications unless I obtain a score in the upper 160s with a goal of 170+, so I am not planning on applying with a 162.

TLDR: 3.09, MA URM, what LSAT necessary for T-13?

Thanks!

cgeezyy

New

Re: LSAT needed for T-13?

Post by cgeezyy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:44 pm

It's really hard to say because of the small sample size available. For example, using MyLSN there is no sample for non-AA URMs with a GPA similar to yours with a 170+ LSAT. Shoot for getting the best score you can.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”