MA URM Chances Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Last Chance

New

MA URM Chances

Post by Last Chance » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:26 pm

I am trying to temper my expectations, so I would appreciate some help estimating my chance of acceptance to the T14 and T6 respectively.
Male MA URM
168 LSAT
3.56 LSAC GPA
3.73 GPA from graduating institution (messed around first year before shaping up and subsequently transferring--i.e. upward trend)
Softs: 3 years out of undergrad, all three years working full time as a data scientist for the prison system.
UC Berkeley undergrad (I guess technically not a soft)

Thank you all for your help, this site has been an incredible resource for me.

dietcoke1

Silver

Re: MA URM Chances

Post by dietcoke1 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 pm

A friend with similar-ish stats is at Harvard. I say you're a lock within the T6.

poptart123

Silver

Post by poptart123 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:30 am

You will definitely get into at least one of Columbia or NYU. Maybe more T6. You will have more T14 than those. Probably a decent scholarship from lower T14 like Cornell.

Last Chance

New

Post by Last Chance » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:36 am

dietcoke1 wrote:A friend with similar-ish stats is at Harvard. I say you're a lock within the T6.
poptart123 wrote:You will definitely get into at least one of Columbia or NYU. Maybe more T6. You will have more T14 than those. Probably a decent scholarship from lower T14 like Cornell.
Both of these outcomes would be awesome. Thank you, this is quite encouraging.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”