Female AA URM 3.3 GPA/ 162 LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lawschooldream

New

Female AA URM 3.3 GPA/ 162 LSAT

Post by lawschooldream » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:29 pm

I posted in the regular but thought I'd also post this here.

I'm really really reallyyy set on going to a T14-20. I have a 3.3 GPA from University of Pennsylvania and a 162 on my second LSAT take. I have a little over a year of work experience and am an AA URM. I think my personal statement is also pretty strong and plan on writing a diversity statement.
Do you think submitting by October would increase my chances of getting in? What do you think is my best chance school? I'm still debating taking it for a third time but would rather submit sooner than later.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: Female AA URM 3.3 GPA/ 162 LSAT

Post by sparkytrainer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm

I think you will likely strike out of the t13. You might pull a lower t13, but I doubt with any money. You should retake truly.

Justtrying2help

Bronze

Post by Justtrying2help » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:59 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:I think you will likely strike out of the t13. You might pull a lower t13, but I doubt with any money. You should retake truly.
I strongly disagree. I got into the t-13 with the same goal and a 159 lsat with a 1/2 tuition scholarship as an aa me. I also performed well during 1L. I have more than one aa female friend at Columbia and UVA with your numbers and both got scholarships. Turn in a flawless app as soon as possible. Also look at past urm cycles for more information.

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Justtrying2help wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:I think you will likely strike out of the t13. You might pull a lower t13, but I doubt with any money. You should retake truly.
I strongly disagree. I got into the t-13 with the same goal and a 159 lsat with a 1/2 tuition scholarship as an aa me. I also performed well during 1L. I have more than one aa female friend at Columbia and UVA with your numbers and both got scholarships. Turn in a flawless app as soon as possible. Also look at past urm cycles for more information.

What was your GPA??! That's incredible.

onlyhere4fun

New

Post by onlyhere4fun » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Disagree with all of this except retake. As JT2H said you have a decent/good chance from the T6 down if all of your other application materials are strong. If you get everything in by October that's still considered early and you will maximize your chances with your current stats. That being said, a retake can't hurt you right now and has the potential to help a lot. Up to you whether you want to buckle down study and roll the dice on the lsat again or take your chances on admissions as is.

Justtrying2help

Bronze

Post by Justtrying2help » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Sorry I said "goal" instead of "gpa". I had a 3.3 just like OP. I had slightly above average softs and didn't go to an Ivy League undergrad like her. You will be fine.

Lalalsat96

New

Post by Lalalsat96 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:09 pm

This thread is making me feel like my 165 (pending September Lsat) and my 3.83 gpa may actually get me a decent scholarship since im also AA. For some reason i thought only 170+ people got scholarships generally?

Justtrying2help

Bronze

Post by Justtrying2help » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Lalalsat96 wrote:This thread is making me feel like my 165 (pending September Lsat) and my 3.83 gpa may actually get me a decent scholarship since im also AA. For some reason i thought only 170+ people got scholarships generally?
Pending scores don't count. If you get a 160+ with your gpa, there isn't a school that you won't have a good chance at gaining acceptance to.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”