AA Male 3.96 UGPA/166 LSAT/Current PhD Candidate Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

AA Male 3.96 UGPA/166 LSAT/Current PhD Candidate

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:28 pm

Current PhD candidate at Berkeley. My LSAT is my only weak spot. What are my chances at a H/Y/S? Also have (in my opinion) strong softs.

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Re: AA Male 3.96 UGPA/166 LSAT/Current PhD Candidate

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:37 pm

phd candidate doesn't matter. basically everyone thinks they have strong softs

http://www.mylsn.info
AA admissions are sometimes hard to predict, but IIRC, 166 AA gets you similar results to like a 173 (based off of looking through mylsn in the past).

I'd expect you at least get an interview at H, S/Y are always a mystery

Justtrying2help

Bronze

Post by Justtrying2help » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:44 pm

You'd probably be a lock everywhere in the top 14 except Yale and Stanford (no one is a lock for these schools but you are close). Your PhD may make the admissions office ask some questions but you're numbers are strong. Black males in the annual URM thread got full scholarships (some with stipends) to top 13 law schools with your stats. Good luck op.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Justtrying2help wrote:You'd probably be a lock everywhere in the top 14 except Yale and Stanford (no one is a lock for these schools but you are close). Your PhD may make the admissions office ask some questions but you're numbers are strong. Black males in the annual URM thread got full scholarships (some with stipends) to top 13 law schools with your stats. Good luck op.
Yeah I think if you want Y or S you should retake for some extra points. But otherwise enjoy your cycle!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:33 pm

sparkytrainer wrote:
Justtrying2help wrote:You'd probably be a lock everywhere in the top 14 except Yale and Stanford (no one is a lock for these schools but you are close). Your PhD may make the admissions office ask some questions but you're numbers are strong. Black males in the annual URM thread got full scholarships (some with stipends) to top 13 law schools with your stats. Good luck op.
Yeah I think if you want Y or S you should retake for some extra points. But otherwise enjoy your cycle!

Retaking the LSAT this Sept and I have a realistic shot at a 170+. Wish me luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”