Advice: AA Male 2.9 150 LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lindesege

New

Advice: AA Male 2.9 150 LSAT

Post by lindesege » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:54 pm

I just graduated from Miami University of Ohio with a degree in International Relations and Chinese. I decided I wanted to become a lawyer in December of 2017 so I studied for the LSAT for a month and ended up with the average score of 150. I got offers from a couple decent law schools but I know I can do better. I want to attend a top 50 school, I have a 2.9 GPA (freshman year I did pre-med lol) so I have to get my LSAT up. I'm looking for jobs as a paralegal in Washington, DC but I haven't found anything in a week. I'm looking for a paid position in the legal industry within DC, where should I apply? Also, how should I study for my LSAT again, I know I can easily get a 160 if I study for a few months.

topgun400

New

Re: Advice: AA Male 2.9 150 LSAT

Post by topgun400 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Do TestMasters for the LSAT!

Incrementalist

Bronze

Post by Incrementalist » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 pm

7Sage is pretty good as well. Since they have the analytics built in within their resources so you can focus in on what exactly your weaknesses are and drill in those particular areas. I also heard Blueprint is good and like the above poster said Test Masters as well. Good luck to you.

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:16 pm

lindesege wrote:I just graduated from Miami University of Ohio with a degree in International Relations and Chinese. I decided I wanted to become a lawyer in December of 2017 so I studied for the LSAT for a month and ended up with the average score of 150. I got offers from a couple decent law schools but I know I can do better. I want to attend a top 50 school, I have a 2.9 GPA (freshman year I did pre-med lol) so I have to get my LSAT up. I'm looking for jobs as a paralegal in Washington, DC but I haven't found anything in a week. I'm looking for a paid position in the legal industry within DC, where should I apply? Also, how should I study for my LSAT again, I know I can easily get a 160 if I study for a few months.
Speaking as somebody who did TM and 7 sage - I recommend 7sage because that's entirely on your own timing, while TM is quite good, but they kind of waffle on teaching conditional logic and how to diagram (their rules are wonky).

Honestly to know you can easily get a 160 isnt the right mindset imho. just keep on grinding until you feel youve gotten the highest score possible that you can.

Good luck

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”