Chances at T-20 Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Obama2008

New

Chances at T-20

Post by Obama2008 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey all, longtime lurker here. What are my chances at T-20

Mexican-American (first generation and low income)
LSAT: 165
GPA: 3.84
Undergrad: Top 3 Public
softs: full time job as a program coordinator for a nonprofit, White House internship, Congressional internship, jobs throughout undergrad (sometimes even 2 jobs at the same time).

Goal: Big law.

Thank you!

ball is life

New

Re: Chances at T-20

Post by ball is life » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Obama2008 wrote:Hey all, longtime lurker here. What are my chances at T-20

Mexican-American (first generation and low income)
LSAT: 165
GPA: 3.84
Undergrad: Top 3 Public
softs: full time job as a program coordinator for a nonprofit, White House internship, Congressional internship, jobs throughout undergrad (sometimes even 2 jobs at the same time).

Goal: Big law.

Thank you!
You've got a shot pretty much at any of the T14 outside of HYS but I would honestly just retake and shoot for HYS.

Silver928

New

Post by Silver928 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:14 pm

You have a strong shot at $$ at lower t13s, good chances at others, and a possibility at HYS. Applying early (before November) will really help your chances across the board. Also, being able to weave a continuous narrative will be very important. You want your PS, any DS you write, resume, recommendation letters, and anything else you send to be one overarching and continuous story of who you are.

sfn91

Bronze

Post by sfn91 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:03 pm

You have a shot at every school in the T20 including HYS as it stands. GPA rules when it comes to URM admissions and you've got that and also have a good LSAT - just apply early! I know several people who have a lower LSAT and slightly lower GPA who got into HYS.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”