Chances at T-14? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hopefullya1L

New

Chances at T-14?

Post by hopefullya1L » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Last edited by hopefullya1L on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

principalagent

Silver

Re: Chances at T-14?

Post by principalagent » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:51 am

I just noticed this thread, but I think people have probably passed it by because a T14 with $$$ is very likely with your stats, and you have a solid shot at HYS.

The only thing that may get in the way of a really great cycle is the question of how big is the non-MA/PR Latinx bump. If it's as big, then you're golden. If it's not as big, you'll still probably beat your numbers for diversity's sake, but not by as much.

hopefullya1L

New

Post by hopefullya1L » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Last edited by hopefullya1L on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdanz

Bronze

Post by jdanz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:20 pm

I don't think the non-MA/PR Latinx bump is as big, but I do think there is still a bump. I'm also South American with slightly higher stats and I got into H (although this was off the WL) and other T14s with $$. However, I don't know if my experience is the best example of the bump though since I literally wrote no diversity statement and felt like my softs were below average. The non-MA/PR Latinx bump might actually be bigger if you can really sell it. But if I had to guess, you're most likely out at HYS and have a decent shot at most of the other T14s (maybe except Columbia because they tend to like higher LSATs). I'd still shoot for a retake regardless though for scholarship purposes. Also feel free to PM me for more details. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”