URM Male- chances/where should I apply? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jdude32

New

URM Male- chances/where should I apply?

Post by jdude32 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:20 pm

This is my first time posting on here, so thanks everyone in advance for the responses.

I'm a URM male (Hispanic). I finished my undergrad in 2015 and I finished with a 3.52 GPA. I've taken the LSAT once in February and scored a 165.

I don't have any super strong softs. I finished undergrad in 2.5 years, have a couple years work experience (about 3 when I start law school), and am currently working as a paralegal at a big law firm. I am also a first generation student.

I am from California and went to school in Northern California. I live in the Bay Area and would ultimately like to enter biglaw in California (SF specifically). My ideal situation would be admission to Berkeley Law. However, I am unsure of where else I should apply if I am aiming for California biglaw. I have the ties to California and the Bay Area, so I'm not worried on that front. But I am not sure if it'd be better to blanket the T14 in hopes of getting into a lower tier T14 and then returning to California, or if it'd be better to aim for UCLA or USC and take my chances there. I supposed I'd like to know my chances at Berkeley and/or any other application strategies given I'd like to enter biglaw in California. Thanks!

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”