LSAT retake and postponing this year. Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jimlaw123

New

LSAT retake and postponing this year.

Post by Jimlaw123 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:20 pm

To, those in the forum.

Thanks for your insight. I've decided to postpone this year and rescind my applications from the schools I've been accepted to. I want to go to a higher tier school. My previous score was a 152. But on the test, I did not even answer -5LR, -6LR, -8RC (due to time)on the test. I'm a bit of a slow reader.

I know what I'm doing (this was last year's February test), but I know where I struggle. I'm too slow (hence the LR I just didn't answer 5, 6 respectively) and on RC, is my real sore spot. I need help in RC if I'm going to beat this and do better. Any tips? I read very slow, and seem to get lost in it. But the real problem is I don't quite understand what the questions are asking me of me, Do you know what I mean? I don't quite understand exactly what they want.

Also, I have money, so I'm looking to hire a private tutor from one of the agencies, such as 7Sage (has anyone used them), or Manhattan Review (recommended). Anyone have a tutor, or a agency they used that went well? I would love to find one.

I'm going to be in the So-Cal, or Seattle. So anyone in these places would help.

I want to thank those that gave kind words, and harsh words before.. I needed both. My mom told me going to some of the schools I was accepted to was "Settling, and I'm not a settler"... so back to the drawing board. I'm stoked, and reinvigorated to start this journey again. I being in about 2 weeks to start the process. I plan for the November, or December test.

Thanks.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. A friend told me to just start randomly reading "Classics" of literature to get me used to big words again, over and over. Well, thanks again.

VeiledProtectorate

New

Re: LSAT retake and postponing this year.

Post by VeiledProtectorate » Wed May 24, 2017 10:20 pm

Jimlaw123 wrote:To, those in the forum.

Thanks for your insight. I've decided to postpone this year and rescind my applications from the schools I've been accepted to. I want to go to a higher tier school. My previous score was a 152. But on the test, I did not even answer -5LR, -6LR, -8RC (due to time)on the test. I'm a bit of a slow reader.

I know what I'm doing (this was last year's February test), but I know where I struggle. I'm too slow (hence the LR I just didn't answer 5, 6 respectively) and on RC, is my real sore spot. I need help in RC if I'm going to beat this and do better. Any tips? I read very slow, and seem to get lost in it. But the real problem is I don't quite understand what the questions are asking me of me, Do you know what I mean? I don't quite understand exactly what they want.

Also, I have money, so I'm looking to hire a private tutor from one of the agencies, such as 7Sage (has anyone used them), or Manhattan Review (recommended). Anyone have a tutor, or a agency they used that went well? I would love to find one.

I'm going to be in the So-Cal, or Seattle. So anyone in these places would help.

I want to thank those that gave kind words, and harsh words before.. I needed both. My mom told me going to some of the schools I was accepted to was "Settling, and I'm not a settler"... so back to the drawing board. I'm stoked, and reinvigorated to start this journey again. I being in about 2 weeks to start the process. I plan for the November, or December test.

Thanks.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. A friend told me to just start randomly reading "Classics" of literature to get me used to big words again, over and over. Well, thanks again.
Don't do the bolded (at least for LSAT purposes). What have you used to study previously? I'd definitely recommend the LSAT Trainer and Manhattan LR + RC. The base 7sage package is a good purchase as well. I would not shell out for a private tutor until you make a genuine attempt to self-study with good materials. The issue of time will iron itself out once you have a strong understanding of the strategies you need and have applied those strategies with practice tests.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”