How many of you transfer? Is it feasible? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Jimlaw123

New

How many of you transfer? Is it feasible?

Post by Jimlaw123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:53 pm

I have a question,

How is the transfer process? For instance if you didn't get into a school of your choosing, but you attend another Law School, is it common to transfer out after the first year? How does that affect job prospects? Is it common? Is it hard to do? Is the new school "inviting" to the notion? As this is something I may due if I have to attend school in the "East Coast", I may very well transfer back to a University in the West, as I plan to live here, and hopefully practice here. Well, let me know.

Thanks.

grades??

Silver

Re: How many of you transfer? Is it feasible?

Post by grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:10 pm

Dont go to a law school with the intention to transfer. It is nothing like undergrad transferring. It requires top grades from your school to even be a possibility. Then you might get rejected. But if you do get accepted, you will be paying full price. There aren't scholarships for transfers.

DO NOT GO TO A SCHOOL WITH THE INTENT OF TRANSFERRING.

Jimlaw123

New

Post by Jimlaw123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:33 pm

grades?? wrote:Dont go to a law school with the intention to transfer. It is nothing like undergrad transferring. It requires top grades from your school to even be a possibility. Then you might get rejected. But if you do get accepted, you will be paying full price. There aren't scholarships for transfers.

Dang, I didn't realize it was like that. Sheesh.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Jimlaw123 wrote:
grades?? wrote:Dont go to a law school with the intention to transfer. It is nothing like undergrad transferring. It requires top grades from your school to even be a possibility. Then you might get rejected. But if you do get accepted, you will be paying full price. There aren't scholarships for transfers.

Dang, I didn't realize it was like that. Sheesh.
Yeah transferring is not easy, and even more importantly, its super expensive. You will be paying full price for both years wherever you transfer.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:34 am

As a side note, it seems that the "URM boost" does not apply to the same extent it does in 1L admissions. Perhaps there's a slight nod, but you don't see URMs significantly overperforming their grades in transfer season.

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:31 am

Removed

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”