HLS GPA floor different for URM? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
presidentspivey

Bronze

HLS GPA floor different for URM?

Post by presidentspivey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:26 pm

So many acronyms. I've heard a consensus of a 3.6-3.7 floor for Harvard. Does the floor change for URM students?

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Re: HLS GPA floor different for URM?

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:05 pm

Yeah, it does for basically every school. I've seen URMs with a 3.2 get Harvard (of course their LSATs had to be high)

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:31 pm

presidentspivey wrote:So many acronyms. I've heard a consensus of a 3.6-3.7 floor for Harvard. Does the floor change for URM students?
Everything lowers. The LSAT floor included. Go to lawschoolnumbers.com and check out various schools before and after checking the "urm" box.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Micho

^^ There's a solid example of the lowered requirements. Micho got a ton of scholarship money almost everywhere they applied. Also got into Harvard w/ a 164 LSAT and 3.55 gpa.

hammy393

Bronze

Post by hammy393 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:51 pm

presidentspivey wrote:So many acronyms. I've heard a consensus of a 3.6-3.7 floor for Harvard. Does the floor change for URM students?
GPA trends/undergrad can make a difference. FWIW I'm latino, got into Stanford and Yale (Harvard WL) with a 3.7 (and mid 160s), but my final 2 years I had a 3.9, and I went to Yale undergrad.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”